- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Though the phrase “McDonald’s lawsuit” probably evokes the hot coffee case (Liebeck v. McDonald’s) made famous by Seinfeld, McDonald’s lawsuits are far more likely to involve workers’ compensation or workers’ safety than coffee. If you include both corporate-owned restaurants and McDonald’s franchises, there are nearly two million McDonald’s employees in the world. With so many workers, and relatively little corporate oversight, injuries are bound to happen.
That said, McDonald’s guests also suffer injuries, such as slip-and-falls, burns (e.g., the coffee case), and even beatings. Guest injuries can occur as a result of equipment failure, inattentive staff, and/or lax safety measures, among other causes.
Whether you’re a McDonald’s employee or a guest, if you were injured at McDonald’s, you may be able to recover significant financial compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit. Keep reading to learn how Morgan & Morgan may be able to help.
Morgan & Morgan
Types of McDonald’s Lawsuits
Recently, McDonald’s has seen a rash of workers’ compensation and employee rights lawsuits. (In November, 2019, the company paid $26 million to settle a wage theft lawsuit brought by tens of thousands of employees.) These cases can arise for a variety of reasons:
- Hazardous conditions that lead to (or exacerbate) burns and other injuries
- Lack of protection for employees, leading to harassment and physical attacks
- Failure to pay employees for overtime or other money they are owed
- Systemic sexual harassment
Guests, like employees, are susceptible to slip-and-falls, burns, and even attacks. These injuries may occur because of one (or more) of the following:
- Staff inattention and/or lack of training
- Faulty or poorly maintained equipment
- Inadequate number of staff
- Lack of first aid kits or other legally required materials
- Failure to warn (e.g., no “Wet Floor” signs, no “Caution: Hot” label on coffee)
Believe it or not, serious injuries can occur at McDonald’s, for both employees and guests. These are some of the most common injuries that occur in these cases:
- Bursitis (joint inflammation)
- Broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
If you were injured, denied pay, or sexually harassed at McDonald’s, you might be wondering how to go about proving it. “Negligence” is the legal term for liability or responsibility in an incident. Proving liability generally involves satisfying the following criteria:
- McDonald’s owed you a duty of care. The company was responsible for operating its restaurant in a safe manner, and they failed to do so.
- They breached their duty. McDonald’s breached their legal obligation to avoid harming you.
- Their breach caused the accident. McDonald’s actions were responsible for the accident, making them legally liable.
- There were losses suffered as a result. McDonald’s actions caused you injury (physical or emotional) and/or property damage.
If you were injured at McDonald’s, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the fast food chain seeking compensation for one or more of the following:
- Unpaid wages (for McDonald’s employees)
- Lost wages and/or diminished earning capacity
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
Speak to a McDonald’s Injury Lawyer
If you were injured at McDonald’s, contact the personal injury lawyers at Morgan & Morgan. Our highly skilled attorneys can review the facts of your case to determine liability for your injury and help you collect financial compensation during this difficult time. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no cost to get started, and we get paid only if you win. To learn more, schedule a free case evaluation now.
Hear From Our Clients
We’ve helped over 300,000 families across the United States. See what they have to say.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers
Have Over 55,000
The Fee is FreeTM Only Pay If We Win.
Submit a Free Case Evaluation
You can find out if you qualify immediately.
Get a Call From Us
Our specialists will walk you through your case and collect all the right information to win your case.
Let Us Get to Work
Our specialized attorneys will handle every step of your case from start to finish. You don’t pay until we win.
See Our Nationwide Results
We’ve won over $15 Billion for our clients in cases of all types. Let us work hard for you.