Mesothelioma claims help asbestos exposure victims and their families secure financial compensation to cover their medical bills, lost income, and other expenses associated with the disease. The mesothelioma attorneys at Morgan & Morgan specialize in asbestos cases. Let us handle all aspects of your claim while you focus on treatment.
Types of Mesothelioma Claims
Asbestos exposure claims fall into one of two categories: personal injury or wrongful death.
- Personal Injury Claims: Personal injury claims are filed by people who have recently been diagnosed with mesothelioma. The person filing the claim has been directly affected by exposure to asbestos and is seeking compensation to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related damages.
- Wrongful Death Claims: Family members of mesothelioma victims file wrongful death claims after their loved one passes away. The victim’s family sues to receive compensation for the loss of expected income, medical bills, funeral costs, and other related expenses.
Many people exposed to asbestos decades ago are only now being diagnosed with mesothelioma and wondering where to turn for help. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for hundreds of mesothelioma victims across the United States. We are one of the few firms in the country with the resources and experience needed to handle mesothelioma lawsuits, making it as easy as possible for clients to obtain the compensation they deserve. Simply get in touch with our attorneys, and we’ll handle the rest.
Learn more about how we help mesothelioma patients during a free, no-obligation case review. We can help with a variety of other practices that may be related to your asbestos case. Learn more about the nature of personal injury lawsuits here.
How Mesothelioma Claims Are Paid
Mesothelioma claims can be paid out through a variety of channels:
- Asbestos trust funds: Many companies have set up asbestos trusts to compensate mesothelioma patients and their families.
- Mesothelioma lawsuits: You can file a mesothelioma lawsuit against one or more defendants. Often defendants resolve these claims outside of court in the form of a settlement.
- Veterans Affairs claims: Military veterans who were exposed to asbestos while serving are likely to qualify for veterans’ benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Workers’ compensation: Workers who have been exposed to asbestos on the job can recover money from their employer even after retirement.
Mesothelioma Claims Process
If you are planning to pursue compensation for an asbestos-related injury — whether on behalf of yourself or a family member — choosing the right attorney is the first and most crucial step.
Mesothelioma claims are complex, and you need a lawyer with a capable legal team who isn’t afraid to take on the big asbestos manufacturers. At Morgan & Morgan, we have the resources, knowledge, and experience necessary to provide you the best service through every step of the claims process.
While each case is unique, mesothelioma claims typically involve:
- Collecting information about your case, such as your employment and medical history
- Identifying potential recovery trusts
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit if your asbestos exposure is linked to a company without an established trust
Contact a Mesothelioma Lawyer
The mesothelioma attorneys at Morgan & Morgan have witnessed the devastating effects of asbestos — we are here for you in your time of need. Let us fight for the compensation you deserve while you focus on treatment. Complete our risk-free, private case evaluation form.
Offices near You
Current call wait: 6 seconds