- Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims & Lawsuits
- Medical Malpractice—How Settlements and Verdicts are Reached
- Orthopedic Malpractice
- Pharmacy & Medication Errors Lawyers
- Chiropractor Malpractice Lawyers
- OBGYN Malpractice
- Psychiatric Malpractice Lawyers
- Surgical Errors
- Information about MRSA Infections
- Heres What to Know about Stroke Injuries
- Medtronic Infuse Bone Graft Lawsuits
- Dental Implant Malpractice Lawyers
- How to Find a Dental Malpractice Lawyer
- What Are the Most Common Medical Malpractice Claims?
- What is the Average Settlement for a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
- Medical Malpractice Negligence Settlements - What You Need to Know
- What is the Average Wrongful Death Settlement?
- Limitations on Medical Malpractice
- How to Hire the Best Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Can You Sue a Doctor After Surgery?
- Can You Sue for Nerve Damage After Surgery?
- What Do I Do If I Have Been Misdiagnosed?
- When Can I Sue for Getting Cancer?
- Can I Sue for Cerebral Palsy?
- Where Do I Go if I Have Been Misdiagnosed?
- What Should I Do if I Am Misdiagnosed With an Illness?
- What Is Considered Cancer Damage?
- What Are Some Examples of Famous Medical Malpractice Cases?
- What Is the Breast Implant Lawsuit Process?
- Can I Sue My Dentist for Pain and Suffering?
- Where Can I Find Hip Replacement Lawyers?
- What Is Considered Medical Malpractice?
- What Kind of Legal Action Is a Malpractice Suit?
- What Can I Expect From My Dental Negligence Lawsuit?
- Examples of Medical Malpractice Cases
- Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Malpractice Lawyers
- Dental Malpractice Attorneys
- How To Find a Negligence Case Lawyer Near Me
- What Should I Do if My Surgeon Acts Negligently?
- How to Sue an Insurance Company for Negligence
- What Are the Four D’s of Medical Negligence?
- Can You Sue a Doctor for a Misdiagnosis?
- Is a Misdiagnosis Considered Malpractice?
- What Are Some Signs That You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer?
- What Should I Do if My Surgery is Postponed?
- What Is a Medical Negligence Statute?
- What Should I Do After Noticing Denture Adhesive Poisoning Symptoms?
- Can You Sue a Dentist for Breaking Your Tooth?
- Is Medical Malpractice a Tort?
- Can I Sue a Hospital for Negligence?
- What Is an Example of an Unintentional Tort in the Medical Field?
- Can You Sue a Doctor for Losing Your Medical Records?
- How Can I Apply for Disability?
- Do I Need a Lawyer for a Faulty Knee Replacement?
- Can I Sue for Faulty Foot Surgery?
- What Should I Do After a Faulty Surgery?
- What Should I Do if I Was Injured During My Surgery?
- What Is a Typical Medical Malpractice Injury Settlement Amount?
- How Long Does a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Take?
- How Common Are Misdiagnoses?
- What Is the Psychiatry Malpractice Process?
- Does My Insurance Protect Me Against Psychiatry Malpractice?
- Can You Sue for Neglect?
- What Are the Side Effects of an INFUSE Bone Graft?
- Can Doctors Be Sued for Negligence?
- Wrongful Death Lawyers
Wrongful Death Medical Malpractice Settlement
There is no pain like losing someone you love. That’s the simple truth of the matter. It’s also true that while losing a loved one can be difficult at any time, it can be even more painful when that loss is caused by an accident that could—and should—have been prevented. If you are a victim of such a tragic loss, you should know that you may be entitled to compensation.
At Morgan and Morgan, we have years of experience successfully bringing wrongful death claims for clients who have lost their loved ones due to negligence. We are proud of our reputation for fighting each step of the way for our clients to receive the maximum recovery possible for their claims. Often, we are asked, “What is the average wrongful death settlement?” It is, after all, an understandable and important question to ask.
As with any legal matter, the answer will vary based upon the circumstances of each case. Just as every lost loved one is unique and different, so too are the facts of the claim and the legal issues that might arise. Generally, a settlement will take into account various factors, including:
- Medical expenses of the victim;
- Funeral and burial expenses;
- Financial support that the deceased would have provided;
- The age and health of the deceased person and how long they likely would have lived;
- The parties at fault in the case;
- The circumstances of the accident;
- Any dependents that the deceased left behind;
Some cases may settle for tens of millions of dollars, while others may settle for under one million. Much of it will depend upon the facts of the case—but much of it will also depend upon the legal team that you choose to fight for you.
Call Morgan and Morgan Today
If you have lost a loved one as a result of a tragic accident, you may feel as if your life has been turned upside down. That’s understandable. While nothing can take away your pain or replace your loved one, you should know that you may be entitled to compensation if your loved one was lost because of someone else’s negligence. The compassionate, experienced team at Morgan and Morgan has been fighting for families of the wrongfully deceased since 1988—and we are ready to help you too.
While the amount of compensation available in your case is going to vary based upon your circumstances, one thing is certain. At Morgan and Morgan, we will always fight for you to recover the maximum amount of compensation possible. We are proud of our reputation of being the firm that’s for the People—and we are here for you. Our knowledgeable and experienced legal team has recovered more than $13 billion for clients across the country. We understand the law and know the best strategies to pursue recovery on your behalf. Get in touch with us today for a free, no-risk case evaluation. Remember, we only get paid if you do.
The compassionate attorneys of Morgan & Morgan have been advocating for the families of the wrongfully deceased since 1988. Insurance companies will attempt to devalue your case to avoid having to pay you what you deserve, which is unacceptable by any means. We treat our clients like family, and we’ll fight tirelessly for every cent you’re entitled to.