POOL AND SPA DRAIN COVER RECALL
Pool and Spa Drain Cover Recall
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced a recall of approximately one million pool and in-ground spa drain covers. The spa and pool drain cover recall was issued because the covers were incorrectly rated to handle the flow of water through the cover and may pose an entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.
The CPSC has urged public pools with affected covers to close until the covers can be replaced, while private pool owners are advised to contact the manufacturer of their drain covers.
Pool and Spa Drain Cover Manufacturers
Eight manufacturers were implicated in the spa and pool drain cover recall, including:
- A&A Manufacturing of Phoenix
- AquaStar Pool Products of San Diego
- Color Match Pool Fittings of Surprise, Arizona
- Custom Molded Products of Tyrone Georgia
- Hayward Pool Products of Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Pentair Water Pool & Spa of Sanford, North Carolina
- Rising Dragon of Sweetwater, Tennessee
- Waterway Plastics of Oxnard, California
Pool owners and consumers are advised to visit the CSPC website to access model numbers affected by the pool and spa drain cover recall.
Without proper covers, pool and spa drains may act as a vacuum, allowing swimmers, typically children, to become trapped underwater by the suction of the drains. Though our attorneys are no longer taking claims for this class action case, if you or a loved one was injured due to a defective product, our attorneys may be able to help.