Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
On average, car accident victims recover three times more money when they hire a lawyer to handle their claim. A Morgan & Morgan attorney may be your best chance to maximize your compensation.
Broadly speaking, insurance providers will do everything in their power to protect their bottom lines. That includes denying valid claims and prolonging the process to wear down the injured party. Our attorneys know how to combat these tactics. We will:
- Investigate the cause of your injury and collect pertinent evidence
- Determine the true value of your claim
- Illustrate the severity of your injury, as well as its short- and long-term effects
- Negotiate a settlement with the defendant’s insurance company
- Prepare your case for trial if the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate in good faith
How Much Is My Case Worth?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident or another type of personal injury, chances are you’re in a tough spot financially. Between medical bills and time away from work, you might be wondering how you’ll manage all your expenses. A personal injury claim can bring you financial relief.
Although it’s difficult to predict how much a claim is worth before reviewing the facts, you can almost assuredly count on two things:
- The insurance company will try to minimize your payment.
- You shouldn’t settle for anything less than what your claim is really worth.
Over the span of three-plus decades, Morgan & Morgan attorneys have recovered upwards of $9 billion for injury victims. When we’ve gone to trial, we’ve recovered 20 times the amount the defense offered.
How Does a Civil Lawsuit Work?
Although no two cases are the same, civil lawsuits generally involve the following steps:
- Your attorney will file a complaint alleging wrongdoing on the part of the defendant, as well as a corrective action (i.e. damages for lost wages).
- Attorneys on each side will exchange evidence.
- The two sides may agree on a settlement at any point before trial.
- In the event a settlement is not reached, your attorney will present your case in front of a judge.
How Long Will My Case Take?
We understand your desire to resolve your case as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, as you can see by the steps outlined above, auto accidents and other personal injury cases can be complex. As a result, settlements and verdicts can take months, perhaps even years to wrap up. No matter what, it’s important that you don’t sacrifice your long-term financial well-being for a smaller payment in the near-term.
Why Morgan & Morgan?
You may recognize us from our commercials or billboards, but don’t mistake Morgan & Morgan for just another big law firm. Although we’ve become one of the nation’s leading personal injury firms, we remained committed to our core value: treating every client like family. We will handle your case from beginning to end and provide constant updates as we go. Plus, you’ll enjoy around-the-clock access to our legal team.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
If you were injured in a car crash, boating accident, slip and fall, or another incident, don’t accept the first settlement offer you receive from the insurance company. Instead, contact our Naples office. You may be entitled to significantly more compensation than the insurance company says.
To find out, schedule a free case evaluation. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning it costs nothing to get started, and we get paid only if your case is successful. Contact us now.