What Will My Attorney Do?
An experienced attorney can help maximize the amount of compensation you could potentially recover through a personal injury lawsuit. While representing you in a lawsuit, your attorney may:
- Gather all necessary evidence, review medical records, interview witnesses, photograph the scene of the accident, and evaluate the economic value of lost wages and earnings
- Work with medical experts to establish the extent of your injuries; the medical expert may also offer testimony regarding medical treatments that you may need in the future as a result of your injuries
- Deal directly with insurance companies to ensure you are receiving all insurance benefits to which you are entitled
- Evaluate any settlement offers that are received in your case to determine if you are being provided sufficient compensation for the injuries you suffered; your attorney may also negotiate for a higher settlement amount so that you receive proper compensation for your injuries
- Prepare your case for trial
What Can I Recover in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Through a personal injury lawsuit, you may be able to recover compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
To learn more about how our attorneys may be able to help you, please complete our free case review form for a no-obligation case evaluation from our Naples office.