- What Causes Mesothelioma? How Can an Attorney Help?
- Types of Mesothelioma Claims & How an Asbestos Lawyer Can Help
- Finding the Right Mesothelioma Lawyer
- A Mesothelioma Lawyer Can Help You Receive Compensation
- Mesothelioma: What Is the Average Age at Diagnosis?
- Mesothelioma Q&A: What You Need to Know
- How to Find a Mesothelioma Doctor
- How to Test for Mesothelioma
- How Many Cases of Mesothelioma Are Diagnosed Each Year?
- Mesothelioma: What Is the Average Life Expectancy?
- Understanding Mesothelioma Prognosis & Why You Should Contact an Attorney
- What Are the Risk Factors for Mesothelioma?
- An Overview of Mesothelioma Treatment Options
- Identifying Who Is at Risk for Mesothelioma
- What Are the Symptoms of Asbestos Poisoning?
- 8 Facts About Mesothelioma You Should Know
- 5 Facts About Benign Mesothelioma You Should Know
- What is Malignant Mesothelioma & How Does it Differ from Benign Mesothelioma?
- Stage 1 Mesothelioma: What You Need to Know
- Stage 2 Mesothelioma: Facts & Info
- Stage 3 Mesothelioma: An Overview
- What You Need to Know About Stage 4 Mesothelioma
- What Are the Types of Mesothelioma?
- What Parts of the Body Does Mesothelioma Affect?
- Mesothelioma in Women: Causes, Diagnosis, and Prognosis
- How Much Does a Mesothelioma Lawyer Cost?
- What Are Some Asbestos Poisoning Symptoms?
- Asbestos Claims After Death: What You Need to Know
- How Do You Test for Mesothelioma?
- Can You Survive Mesothelioma?
- How Can I File a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
- What Should I Do if I Have Asbestos Symptoms?
From electricians and carpenters to painters and cement workers, a significant number of Americans have been exposed to asbestos on the job. The asbestos attorneys at Morgan & Morgan fight for compensation on behalf of workers who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Although mesothelioma has just one known cause — exposure to asbestos — its symptoms vary depending on where the disease is located and its stage of development. Unfortunately, mesothelioma symptoms usually don’t appear until the tumors on the mesothelium have spread, which can take between 20 and 50 years. As such, recognizing signs and symptoms of asbestos exposure early in the cancer’s development is nearly impossible.
To compound the problem, most of the early signs of mesothelioma are similar to those likely to be associated with other conditions. Symptoms may be ignored or mistaken for other common, minor ailments.
Early Stages of Mesothelioma
In the early stages of mesothelioma, patients often experience:
- Dry coughing
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Abdominal pain
- Fluid buildup around the lungs
Late Stages of Mesothelioma
As the disease progresses, patients often experience:
- Increased pain
- Weight loss
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of appetite
Different Types of Mesothelioma: Symptoms
There are four distinct types of mesothelioma, each defined by the location of the tumor. Unique symptoms accompany each type.
- Pleural Mesothelioma: Pleural mesothelioma occurs in the lining of the lungs. Symptoms typically include breathlessness, chest pain, fatigue, and fever.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma: Peritoneal mesothelioma, which affects the lining of the abdomen, is often accompanied by abdominal pain and swelling, bowel changes, and bloating.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma: Pericardial mesothelioma takes place in the lining of the heart. Patients typically experience chest pain, irregular heartbeat, coughing, and difficulty breathing.
- Testicular Mesothelioma: Testicular mesothelioma affects the lining covering the testicle. Symptoms generally include scrotal swelling and testicular lumps.
Contact a Mesothelioma Attorney
Far too many American workers have encountered asbestos on the job. If you have experienced any of the symptoms above and believe you may have been exposed to asbestos at work, contact Morgan & Morgan. Our family law firm fights for the rights of mesothelioma victims across the nation. Morgan & Morgan’s attorneys navigate mesothelioma claims from start to finish so you can focus on treatment while we concentrate on recovering the compensation you deserve. With a full legal team at your side, you’ll know you’re getting the best possible service and results. To learn more, schedule a free case evaluation now.