- What Causes Mesothelioma? How Can an Attorney Help?
- A Mesothelioma Lawyer Can Help You Receive Compensation
- Mesothelioma Symptoms: What to Look For After Asbestos Exposure
- Mesothelioma: What Is the Average Age at Diagnosis?
- Mesothelioma Q&A: What You Need to Know
- How to Test for Mesothelioma
- Mesothelioma: What Is the Average Life Expectancy?
- An Overview of Mesothelioma Treatment Options
- Identifying Who Is at Risk for Mesothelioma
- What Are the Symptoms of Asbestos Poisoning?
- 5 Facts About Benign Mesothelioma You Should Know
- What is Malignant Mesothelioma & How Does it Differ from Benign Mesothelioma?
- Stage 3 Mesothelioma: An Overview
- What Are the Types of Mesothelioma?
- Mesothelioma in Women: Causes, Diagnosis, and Prognosis
- How Much Does a Mesothelioma Lawyer Cost?
- What Are Some Asbestos Poisoning Symptoms?
- Asbestos Claims After Death: What You Need to Know
- How Do You Test for Mesothelioma?
- Can You Survive Mesothelioma?
- How Can I File a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
- What Should I Do if I Have Asbestos Symptoms?
- What Parts of the Body Does Mesothelioma Affect?
- What You Need to Know About Stage 4 Mesothelioma
- Stage 2 Mesothelioma: Facts & Info
- Stage 1 Mesothelioma: What You Need to Know
- What Are the Risk Factors for Mesothelioma?
- Understanding Mesothelioma Prognosis & Why You Should Contact an Attorney
- How Many Cases of Mesothelioma Are Diagnosed Each Year?
- 8 Facts About Mesothelioma You Should Know
- How to Find a Mesothelioma Doctor
- Types of Mesothelioma Claims & How an Asbestos Lawyer Can Help
The Right Mesothelioma Lawyers
Typically, people who are diagnosed with mesothelioma have an excellent chance of recovering monetary damages from the company responsible for exposing them to asbestos or from a victims’ trust fund. If you have been diagnosed with the disease, a mesothelioma lawyer at Morgan & Morgan will work to identify the party responsible for exposing you to asbestos and ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible.
Mesothelioma cases are often complex, particularly from a medical standpoint. That’s because symptoms of the disease usually don’t appear until decades after exposure to asbestos. Thus, having a seasoned mesothelioma attorney and competent legal team with a lengthy, proven track record at your side makes all the difference.
When Should I Hire an Attorney?
Every state has statute-of-limitations laws that dictate how long you have after diagnosis to file a mesothelioma claim. Most states allow personal injury victims anywhere between one and five years to file a personal injury claim and one to three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Because time is of the essence, contacting Morgan & Morgan as soon as you find out about your diagnosis is imperative.
How Long Do Mesothelioma Claims Take?
Most mesothelioma claims are settled out of court, and some take a year or less. Should your case go to trial, it may take longer to recover compensation. Sometimes, due to the nature of mesothelioma, the courts may expedite the process so the victim can receive the compensation and medical assistance they need as soon as possible.
How Much Money Can I Recover in an Asbestos Claim?
Because each claim is unique, it’s difficult to put a dollar amount on a claim before evaluating all the facts. Some cases result in settlements where juries award in the millions, while others settle for less. The size of the asbestos victims’ trust fund, specifics of your condition, and how your illness has affected your life and finances all play a role in arriving at a figure.
How Can I Find the Right Lawyer?
Hiring a national law firm such as Morgan & Morgan puts you at a distinct advantage. We have the resources, reach, focus, and experience smaller law firms can’t match. We understand that you have a lot on your plate, so the legal team we assign you will take care of the entire claim from start to finish while you focus on treatment.