If you suffer from a disability that prevents you from working, you might qualify to receive Social Security disability benefits. Managed by the Social Security Administration (SSA), the disability benefits program helps disabled workers pay bills and make up for lost wages. Of the millions of Americans that apply for Social Security disability benefits, just 30 percent of the applicants receive approval for their claims. What happens to the remaining 70 percent of Americans that have their disability claims denied? How many times can you get denied for disability?
The answer is not to go through the claims process again by submitting a second claim. Although you reapply for Social Security disability benefits as many times as you want, the most effective way to get your claim approved by the SSA is to go through the appeals process, which consists of four steps that start with the reconsideration of your original claim. Understanding how to file a persuasive initial claim, as well as knowing the four steps of the appeal process, can boost your chances of the SSA approving your claim for Social Security disability benefits.
Filing a disability claim that gets approved by the SSA requires the legal support of an experienced Social Security disability attorney. At Morgan & Morgan, we have a team of litigators that exclusively work on Social Security disability cases. The lawyer that we assign to your case reviews your claim to ensure you have enough medical evidence to justify the SSA approving you to receive financial assistance.
Schedule a free case evaluation today with one of the state-licensed disability lawyers from Morgan & Morgan.