- IVC Blood Clot Filter Lawsuit
- JUUL Addiction Lawyers
- Surgical Stapler Lawsuit
- Effexor Birth Defects Lawsuit
- GM Ignition Switch Recall Lawsuit
- Avaulta Mesh Lawsuit
- 3M Bair Hugger Lawsuit
- X-LITE Guardrail Lawsuit
- Durata Lead Problems
- DePuy Pinnacle Hip Replacement Lawsuit
- DePuy Hip Implant Recall
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Complications
- Artelon Spacer Problems
- Caldera Medical Mesh Lawsuit
- Breast Implant Lymphoma Lawsuit
- Invega Gynecomastia Lawsuit
- Coloplast Mesh Lawsuit
- Zimmer Biomet Hip Replacement Lawsuit
- Medtronic Defibrillator & Pacemaker Heart Device Recall
- Gynecare Vaginal Mesh Withdrawn
- Mirena IUD Information
- Smith and Nephew Hip Liner Recall
- SSRI Lawsuits
- Peter Pan and Great Value Peanut Butter Contamination
- Shoulder Pain Management Pumps
- OtisKnee Replacement Lawsuit
- Bard Mesh Lawsuit
- Wright Conserve Hip Replacement Lawsuit
- Medical Food Generics
- Tyco Lawsuit
- Mario Badescu Lawsuit
- Synthetic Marijuana Lawsuits
- Zimmer Knee Replacement
- CertainTeed Shingles Lawsuit
- BEHR DeckOver Lawsuit
- Waupaca Elevator Recall Lawsuits
- Sunscreen Recall Lawsuit | Benzene Lawsuit
- What Are the Criteria for a Talcum Powder Lawsuit?
- What Should I Do if My 3M Earplugs Don't Work?
- The Boppy Pillow Recall Lawsuit
- One-Wheel Skateboard Lawsuit
- Monsanto Roundup Lawsuit
- Talcum Powder Lawsuit
- 3M Earplug Lawsuit
- What Does Product Liability Mean to Me?
- Baby Formula NEC Lawsuit
- Baby Formula Enfamil Lawsuit
- Baby Formula Similac Lawsuit
- Hernia Mesh Lawsuits
- Monster Energy Lawsuit
- Sunscreen Recall Lawsuit | Benzene Lawsuit
- Takata Airbag Recall
- Philips CPAP & Sleep Apnea Machine Lawsuit
- Stryker Hip Replacement Recall Lawsuit
- CertainTeed Shingles Lawsuit
- Types of Torts | Mass Tort Information
- Johnson & Johnson Class Action Lawsuit
- Does Taxotere Cause Hair Loss?
- Mini Cooper Timing Chain Recall: What You Need to Know
- Where Can I Find Support for My Mass Tort Case?
- Do I need an Attorney for My Roundup Claim?
- What Is the Latest News on Johnson & Johnson's Talcum Powder Lawsuit?
- What Is the CPAP Machine Lawsuit Process?
- How to File a Lawsuit for a CPAP Machine
- Are ResMed CPAP Machines Being Recalled?
- Is There a Class Action Lawsuit Against Phillips CPAP Machines?
- When Should I Sue for Product Liability?
- What Are Some Signs That You Have a Product Liability Case?
- Does Talcum Powder Cause Ovarian Cancer?
- Can You Sue a Birth Control Company After Getting Pregnant?
- Can Lithium Batteries Explode?
- What Is the Average Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder Settlement?
- What Types of Cancers Can Be Caused by RoundUp?
- What Does "Tort Law" Mean in the Legal Industry?
- Where Can I Find Lawyers Who Handle Mass Tort Issues?
- What Do I Need to Know About Popcorn Lung Disease Litigation?
- Abbott Baby Formula Recall
- Where Can I Find the Best One-Wheel Skateboard Accident Lawyer?
- Popcorn Lung Disease Lawsuits
- Toxic Baby Formula Lawsuit
Women who suffered mesh complications after undergoing pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery with a trans vaginal mesh may have legal recourse. On July 13, 2011, the FDA announced that patients undergoing pelvic organ prolapse repair with a surgical mesh may be at a greater risk for mesh complications than women pursuing other surgical treatments. Because the manufacturers of trans vaginal meshes failed to warn patients and doctors about this increased risk, women suffering mesh complications may be able to file a claim seeking compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering and other damages.
Did you experience mesh erosion or other mesh complications following pelvic organ prolapse surgery? Find out if you can seek compensation for your injuries by completing our free, no obligation case review form with details of your mesh complications.
Vaginal Mesh Complications: Eroded Mesh, Infection
Surgical meshes have been used on thousands of women to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). These conditions are a result of the relaxation of tissues that hold the bladder, bowels, and reproductive organs in place, causing them to slide forward and downwards. This can place pressure on the bladder, causing incontinence, and cause vaginal prolapse. Organs may prolapse close to or even outside the vaginal opening. This condition is not only unsightly and distressing; it can cause severe discomfort and disrupt sexual function. Transvaginal mesh is often used to reinforce the weakened vaginal walls and give support to the pelvic organs.
Pelvic organ prolapse (POP) repair surgery can be performed through the abdomen or the vagina, using stitches or a surgical mesh to reinforce the repair and to support the pelvic organs. According to the FDA, the transvaginal placement of the surgical mesh may put women at a greater risk for POP mesh complications than other surgical options. In addition, the agency claims that with the exposure to greater risk comes no indication of greater clinical benefit in women electing to undergo pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery transvaginally.
The following are among the vaginal mesh complications reported by women who underwent pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery with a trans vaginal mesh:
- Mesh erosion
- Pain during sex
- Urinary problems
- Contraction or shortening of the vagina
- Vaginal scarring
- Bowel, bladder and blood vessel perforation
Additionally, many women have reported a reappearance of their vaginal prolapse or stress urinary incontinence, the very conditions the devices were designed to treat. Vaginal scarring due to mesh erosion has let some patients permanently injured, and revision surgeries could leave a woman disfigured.
The FDA first alerted the public to these trans vaginal mesh problems when it released a safety communication in 2008 regarding the complications associated with the trans vaginal placement of surgical mesh to treat POP and stress urinary incontinence (SUI). In the vaginal mesh complications safety announcement, the agency claimed that in the past three years it had received more than 1000 reports of mesh complications from nine different manufacturers. Since then, the number of mesh complications reported to the agency has increased; from 2008 to 2010, the agency received more than 1500 reports of mesh complications stemming from pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery, five times as many as it had received between 2005 to 2007. However, these reports of mesh complications did not always indicate whether the patient underwent POP surgery through the abdomen or the vagina.
Lawyers for Vaginal Mesh Problems
In light of the FDA mesh warnings, our pelvic mesh attorneys are currently available to review claims of vaginal mesh complications from women who were implanted with many types of vaginal meshes and bladder slings, including but not limited to the following:
- Avaulta Vaginal Meshes(Biosynthetic, Plus and Solo)
- Mentor ObTape
- Bard Pelvic Meshes(PelviSoft, PelviLace and Pelvicol products)
- Caldera Mesh
- Tyco IVS
- Boston Scientific Arise, Pinnacle, Advantage Fit, Lynx, Obtryx, Prefyx PPS and Solyx
A transvaginal mesh lawsuit may recover compensation for medical bills related to the numerous complications caused by these products. Additionally, the pain and suffering and mental anguish associated with transvaginal mesh use from pain during sex, vaginal scarring, disfigurement, and permanent damage may be compensated for through a vaginal mesh lawsuit.
Fill out our free case review form today and our vaginal mesh lawyers will evaluate your claim, at no cost to you, to determine if you can participate in a vaginal mesh class action lawsuit. There is a time limit for filing vaginal mesh lawsuits, so do not hesitate to contact us today.
Read More on Vaginal Mesh Complications:
- Updated Safety Communication for Transvaginal Mesh Systems