Have you recently been the victim of a car accident that wasn’t your fault? If so, you may be injured and even unable to work as a result of that injury. You might find yourself overwhelmed, worried, and stressed about how you’ll continue to pay your bills, provide for your family, and focus on your recovery. Those worries are normal—but these worries should also be temporary.
If you were injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. At Morgan and Morgan, we’re proud of our hard-earned reputation for helping car accident victims fight for and recover the compensation they deserve, and we would consider it a privilege to help you too.
One question we’re often asked by our clients is, "What kind of settlement might I receive for my car accident claim?" This is an understandable question and an important one to ask. The answer is that there really is no “average” settlement in a car accident case: what you’re ultimately able to recover will depend a great deal on the circumstances of your case. Some of those factors include:
- The severity of your injuries;
- The medical treatment you may need both now and in the future;
- Whether or not your injury prevents you from returning to work;
- The circumstances of the accident itself;
- The type of insurance policies held by the drivers involved;
- Any property damages or other out-of-pocket expenses incurred;
- The overall impact of the accident on your life;
- And, most importantly, the knowledge and experience of the legal team that you choose to hire.
All of these factors are important, but the importance of the last factor can’t be overstated. A variety of damages are available in car accident claims, but your ability to recover those damages will depend largely on whether you have a legal team at your side that knows how to fight for maximum recovery on your behalf. At Morgan and Morgan, we are that team.