After you’ve consulted with a Morgan & Morgan personal injury attorney and decided you want us to handle your case, the biggest question on your mind is probably: What’s next?
Chances are, you've discussed the details of your case with one of our legal experts and generally understand our aim of securing compensation on your behalf. But you might not know the complexities of the process ahead or what steps you can take to help your cause. Read on to find out what happens after you hire one of our lawyers.
What You Can Expect From Us
There is no upfront or retainer fee when you hire a Morgan & Morgan personal injury attorney, and you don’t need to worry about any expenses your lawyer incurs in the process of building your case. We are paid a percentage of recovered compensation only if we win. Morgan & Morgan investigates the circumstances of your accident to prove that you were not at fault. This may include obtaining police reports, dashcam footage, witness statements, medical records, and other evidence. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- You’ll receive expert advice about your case.
- We will keep you informed throughout the process.
- You’ll have input every step of the way.
- We’ll provide a realistic timeline for settling your claim.
- You will receive honest feedback so you have realistic expectations.
- We will explain your options and discuss strategy with you.
- You’ll receive a fair estimate of what your case might cost if you win.
- We’ll promptly return phone calls and remain in communication with you from start to finish.
- You’ll be informed of any setbacks or delays along the way.
- We will be ethical by keeping your confidentiality, representing you within the bounds of the law and putting your interests first.
- You’ll get the information you need to make educated decisions.
- We’ll prepare the strongest case possible.
What You Can Do to Help
While we work to build your case, you can help us out by doing the following:
- Staying Up-to-Date: Stay current on all emails and other correspondence from your legal team. As your case goes on, we might need to gather information about the accident, your ability to work, and your injury status. Be sure to let us know if anything at all changes.
- Go to the Doctor: It’s imperative that you follow medical instructions. Be sure to attend all follow-up medical visits. Missing a follow-up appointment or physical therapy session can be used against you to demonstrate that the injury is not as severe as you say.
- Avoid Sharing Information: Don’t share the details about your case, whether on social media or in person. You want to be sure that nothing can be used against you by the other party’s legal team.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Near You
If you haven’t hired a personal injury attorney to handle your case, keep this statistic in mind: People who hire personal injury lawyers generally recover three times as much compensation as those who don’t. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence, we may be able to help you recover financial compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Schedule a case evaluation today: It’s free to get started, and we get paid only if you win.