Keren McElvy has been practicing law for over a decade. Raised in a family of attorneys, she knew she was destined for the courtroom at a young age. Understanding what is important to her clients and advocating for their best interests is what drives her practice at Morgan & Morgan.
Ms. McElvy has always been passionate about advocacy. She debated in high school and secured a debate scholarship in college. In law school, she and her teammate competed in the 1st Annual National Animal Rights Law Moot Court Competition in Chicago, where she and her team won first place and Ms. McElvy received the second highest individual score among all the competitors.
Ms. McElvy carries those same skills to the courtroom. In her first bench trial, she obtained a judgment in favor of her client in an automobile accident. When she served as a public defender, in her first jury trial she obtained a not guilty verdict for her client charged with a Class A felony. In a subsequent jury trial, Ms. McElvy defended a client charged with a Class A felony and obtained a misdemeanor verdict for her client, who after the trial suggested Ms. McElvy should work at Morgan & Morgan.
Ms. McElvy followed that advice and is proud to join the Morgan & Morgan team.
- Samford University, Bachelor of Arts in Government
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Alabama Supreme Court
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- Washington, D.C.