Haba Yono is an attorney in the Employee Rights Group of Morgan & Morgan P.A. Ms. Yono’s practice primarily focuses on discrimination and retaliation claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 42 U.S.C. §§ 1981 and 1983; medical leave claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act; disability discrimination and retaliation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act; age discrimination and retaliation claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act; and unpaid wage claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Before joining Morgan & Morgan’s Employee Rights Group, Ms. Yono served as a judicial law clerk for Justice Bernstein at the Michigan Supreme Court. Ms. Yono also worked for Judge Battani at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan as a judicial intern and served as a student attorney at the Free Legal Aid Clinic. While at Wayne State University Law School, Ms. Yono served as a Junior Member Advisor of the Wayne Law Moot Court team and an Executive Articles Editor of The Journal of Law in Society.
Ms. Yono is licensed to practice in Michigan. She is also admitted to practice in the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan as well as the Western District of Tennessee.
- Class Action
- Civil Rights
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Family Medical Leave
- Labor & Employment Rights
- Overtime and Wage & Hour
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2016, cum laude
- Wayne State University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science Honors, 2013, summa cum laude