Chris Steinhaus is a third generation Orlando resident following in the footsteps of his mother and his grandfather, who moved here with his parents and brothers in 1918. Mr. Steinhaus graduated from Furman University, having obtained a bachelor’s degree in Biology. Upon graduating from law school at Florida State University, Mr. Steinhaus stayed in Tallahassee and began working for the Agency for Health Care Administration, serving the citizens of the state of Florida in prosecuting licensed nurses who had alleged to have violated the Nurse Practice Act.
After leaving the Agency, the focus of Mr. Steinhaus’s practice had been defending law enforcement agencies, hospitals, nursing homes and individual health care practitioners in both civil and administrative actions, from civil rights violations to complex medical malpractice claims to premises liability claims. During that time, Mr. Steinhaus gained extensive experience in representing clients in trials and hearings before the Florida Boards of Medicine and Nursing, multiple Circuit Courts of Florida, multiple District Courts of Appeal, and the Division of Administrative Hearings. In 2012 and 2013, Mr. Steinhaus was recognized by SuperLawyers as a 40-and-under Rising Star in the fields of Health and Personal Injury Law.
Mr. Steinhaus is excited to return to serving the citizens of the state of Florida by using the knowledge he has gathered as a defense attorney and putting it to work evaluating and prosecuting our clients’ potential claims. On a personal note, Chris lives with his wife and two children in the College Park area and enjoys coaching flag football and playing tennis.
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Slip & Fall
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012-2013, Health Law and Personal Injury Defense
- The Florida Bar
- Louisiana State Bar (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Orange County Bar Association
- Lake Highland Preparatory School Alumni Board
- Furman University, B.S., Biology, 1994
- Florida State University, J.D., 1998