Car Accident Lawyer in Albuquerque
Car Accident Lawyer in Albuquerque
500 Marquette Avenue NW, Suite 1251
Albuquerque, NM 87108
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Car Accident Lawyer in Albuquerque
You’re driving along a road that you’ve driven on a thousand times, minding your own business, and suddenly find yourself dazed and confused on the side of the road due to the actions of a negligent driver. You drove carefully, of course, yet the careless driver created a hazard you couldn’t avoid, leaving you injured, in pain, and with a significant expense looming overhead. In some cases, you can walk away from the scene of the accident on your own, but we aren’t always that lucky. A severe car accident can potentially leave the victims with serious, life-threatening injuries, and these individuals almost always require hospitalization to repair the damage.
Anyone who’s involved in a car accident should seek out medical attention as soon as possible, but this is yet another expense on the pile. Rising medical costs have made even minor treatment exorbitantly expensive, even with insurance coverage, which only makes the situation all the more overwhelming for the victims. That’s not to mention the cost to repair/replace your damaged vehicle, as the price of auto parts and repairs has also increased dramatically across the board. With so much on the line, you need someone in your corner who understands what to do next—someone with the necessary legal knowledge to ensure that you can hold the at-fault party accountable for recklessly exposing you to a risk of injury.
By hiring an attorney, you gain a legal ally who can help you navigate through the otherwise complicated process with ease, but you shouldn’t just choose any law firm. You’ll need one with the experience to understand your situation comprehensively and the skills to ensure you can take your case across the finish line. Not many can pull this off, but Morgan and Morgan, America’s largest personal injury firm, has both the resources and experience to achieve record-breaking results for our clients frequently, and we’ll never settle for less than you deserve.
With $15 billion+ recovered on behalf of our clients, decades of experience behind every case, and the resources of a corporate giant, there’s only one firm that can give you the best possible chance of success after a car accident that wasn’t your fault—Morgan and Morgan. Anyone looking for a car accident lawyer in Albuquerque has a friend, ally, and powerful legal partner at 500 Marquette Ave. NE Suite 1251 in your city, and we’re available for no out-of-pocket costs.
Complete a free, no-obligation case evaluation to find the help you need.
Morgan & Morgan
What Should I Do After a Car Accident That Wasn’t My Fault?
The most important thing after any accident, regardless of fault, is your health and well-being, so make sure you seek medical attention as soon as you can, if you can under your own power. Some victims choose to forgo seeing a doctor because they believe that their injuries and overall damage aren’t that major, but this is essentially a gamble. Your adrenaline is running hot after a car accident, and you might not feel the full extent of your condition until hours, days, or weeks after the date of the accident itself. You could also sustain internal damage that won’t present itself until years down the line, like a back injury that doesn’t cause pain until a decade later. In either case, seeking medical attention gives you a chance to discover the full extent of all your injuries and the opportunity to take proactive action to lessen the intensity of your future condition. You don’t want to look back and wish you had seen the doctor that day, so seek medical attention sooner rather than later and save your future self the pain.
The medical professional responsible for your care will take detailed notes of all your injuries and document the extent of each, with evidence to show the risk of further pain in the future. This will serve as a laundry list of damages to seek for recovery later in your case, so make sure to disclose everything you’re experiencing with your doctor to ensure you can recover the full extent of your damages.
Now, this is where your case begins to get complicated. Your next step will depend on the jurisdiction the accident occurred in, who was at fault for the fault of the accident, the severity of the damage, and the circumstances surrounding the case in general. For example, some states are considered “at-fault” states, meaning that drivers in those jurisdictions are required to hold a minimum amount of insurance coverage at all times. If you only hold the minimum coverage, you would file an insurance claim with your provider and collect compensation equal to your policy, but it becomes challenging if the damage you sustained exceeds that amount.
Car accident victims have a lot of research to do. They have to find out what laws apply to them, monitor the deadlines of their insurance claim or legal deadlines, and attempt to physically recover all at the same time, which is difficult to do after an accident of any severity. Rather than stretch yourself thin, you can retain an attorney and leverage their legal knowledge to guide you through the process. They’ll take the reins and help you find success, giving you a priceless opportunity to relax and focus on your recovery.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Every car accident is different, and your specific recovery will depend on the situation, jurisdiction, and severity of your case. However, here are a few of the more common damages that car accident victims seek for recovery through their lawsuits:
- Medical Expenses: This is where your previous medical care becomes important. Your attorney will determine a dollar amount for each of the injuries you sustained and seek the total value in your compensation package.
- Lost Wages: A car accident can leave you with an injury that prevents you from working and, more importantly, earning a paycheck. The inability to work can be life-altering unless you’re independently wealthy, but you can potentially recover compensation equal to the pay you’re unable to earn through your lawsuit. However, there’s a cap on the amount you can recover in some states, so make sure to speak with your attorney to understand the full picture.
- Repair Costs: Almost no one walks away from a car accident without some sort of property damage. Even minor accidents can result in thousands of dollars worth of property damage, and adding this expense on top of the others can make the situation seriously overwhelming. Fortunately, you can recover damages equal to your losses in most states, allowing you to recoup some of the expenses and return to your normal life.
- Pain and Suffering: Any accident can leave you jarred and mentally drained, but some have the potential to leave lasting damage that prevents you from making a full recovery. You can seek compensation to help you cope with your condition in the future through your lawsuit. However, these damages are often difficult to advocate for because you’re the only one who truly understands how much your condition affects you. Someone else won’t be able to look across the table and accurately diagnose your condition, which often leads to diminished settlement offers. For the best results? Team up with a law firm with a proven track record of recovering these damages—Morgan and Morgan.
- Punitive Damages: Some states allow you to seek punitive damages against the at-fault party for acting negligently and causing you to sustain damages. This can add to your total recovery and make your bounce-back much easier, so make sure to speak with your attorney to see if you can advocate for these damages in your lawsuit.
These are only a few of the many damages that victims can sustain in car accidents. For example, you can seek compensation for a diminished quality of life, a loss of earning capacity, and funeral benefits if the situation calls for them, but again, it depends on the circumstances around your case.
Why Choose Morgan & Morgan?
The resources, experience, and expertise of your attorney play a significant role in your ability to recover the full extent of your rightful compensation. Some law firms will accept the first best offer of compensation to avoid incurring future legal fees by continuing to advocate for a higher value, leaving their clients shackled with expenses after an accident they didn’t cause. These same firms will charge their clients hefty retainer fees throughout the process and further their financial burden for their own benefit. Although they’re a business at their core, these firms aren’t worth your dollar, especially when there are better options right in front of you.
At Morgan and Morgan, we chose to take an approach that allows anyone who was victimized by a car accident in Albuquerque to afford comprehensive legal representation, regardless of their financial status. When you team up with us, you pay no out-of-pocket costs. You read that right; The fee is free when you choose America’s largest personal injury firm to advocate for what you deserve. Not only does our contingency keep the costs low for you and your family, but it also centralizes everyone involved around a singular goal—maximizing the result of your car accident lawsuit.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Albuquerque
In the most difficult moments of your life, Morgan and Morgan has your back. A car accident can change your life forever in an instant. The bottom line? You shouldn’t have to pay for the damage if you weren’t at fault, and hiring an attorney gives you a much better chance of recovering every penny of what you deserve. But, of course, this depends on a few different factors, including the law firm that represents you. Without a proficient law firm, you run the risk of paying for your expenses out-of-pocket, which can be more damaging than your physical injuries in some cases.
If you’re considering a car accident lawyer in Albuquerque after your car wreck, look no further than Morgan and Morgan. Other firms might claim they’re the right firm to hold the at-fault party accountable, but when push comes to shove, they leave their clients without the justice they deserve because they don’t have the resources to continue litigation. We have a track record of proven results, the ability to leverage endless resources to ensure our clients successfully reach the finish line, and a commitment to never settle for less than you deserve. In other words, we’re a firm you can trust, and we can advocate for what you deserve for no upfront costs.
Contact us today to get started.