If you have been injured in an accident, recovering from the initial shock and pain may be only the beginning. Your ongoing challenges could include missing work, physical therapy, and staggering medical bills. As you struggle with all of this, the last thing on your mind could be whether or not you should take legal action.
However, if your injury was caused by another person, you should consider filing a personal injury lawsuit to recoup damages to ease the financial burden. An experienced lawyer can make all the difference. Corporations and insurance companies already have their legal teams to help them pay lower claims and minimize their expenses. Hiring your own attorney could tilt the odds in your favor and help you receive full and fair compensation for your accident.
Have you been injured in a Slip and Fall, car crash, fire, or other accident that you suspect was the result of negligence? A personal injury lawsuit may be your best course of action to recover compensation for your damages. This process typically includes the following steps:
- Get medical treatment. It is essential that you see a doctor right away for your personal health and wellbeing. Keep all documentation and records associated with your medical treatment as well, as these can serve as vital evidence if you move forward with your case.
- Consult a lawyer. Morgan & Morgan attorneys are renowned for their experience in personal injury cases. Their extensive knowledge of state and local laws will help at every step of the process—from filing your claim to pursuing all the evidence necessary to fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Your attorney will help build your strongest case. If Morgan & Morgan takes you on as a client, we will examine every aspect of your accident and the full extent of your injuries. We will use this and other pertinent information to build your best case, enlisting expert witnesses when needed to demonstrate your injuries were the result of negligence.
- We will negotiate for the best settlement. After building a strong case, your attorney will send a letter to your insurance company and all other responsible parties, laying out your case for the damages you suffered and the amount of compensation you are seeking. Insurance companies and large corporations know that we aren’t afraid to take cases to court, so your lawyer may be able to negotiate a fair settlement at this stage.
- If negotiations fail, we will file your lawsuit. If the other side extends a lowball offer or no offer at all, our trial-ready attorneys will take your case to court. In addition to being experts in personal injury law, Morgan & Morgan attorneys are experienced trial lawyers with a history of taking on the biggest companies and winning. Some law firms never go to court and take the last offer they receive—even if the case is worth more. Not us.
- We will gather additional information during the discovery period. After your lawsuit is filed, your case will go through the discovery process where both sides share evidence and documentation as requested. Your Morgan & Morgan attorney will make the most of this opportunity, reviewing all evidence the other side has in order to prepare for their response, and also possibly use it to bolster your own case.
- If necessary, we will go to trial. If all settlement fails again, we will never hesitate to take your case to trial. Since our inception over 30 years ago, we have secured more than $15 billion for our clients—including millions of dollars in jury verdicts. We are prepared to use compelling evidence and expert witnesses to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
If you are suffering from personal injury that could be the result of another party’s negligence, don’t delay: contact the personal injury attorneys at Morgan & Morgan. You could be entitled to compensation to reimburse you for a variety of damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
When you hire Morgan & Morgan, you are enlisting the services of America’s largest personal injury firm. We have 800 lawyers and 3,000 team members ready to fight for you—and our numbers keep growing all the time.
We fight for the People. You never pay a dime out-of-pocket, and there’s never a fee at all unless we win your case. See why there’s only one Morgan & Morgan—contact us today for a free, no-risk case evaluation.