Morgan & Morgan’s industry leading data privacy attorneys are investigating FMC Services, LLC (“FMC”) regarding its recent data breach (which may be referred to as a “data event” or “data security incident”). The FMC Services, LLC data breach involved sensitive personally identifiable information that may have been exposed to an unauthorized individual.
We are investigating, among other things, the following:
- how FMC Services, LLC acquired the sensitive information;
- whether FMC Services, LLC should have had the sensitive information;
- whether and, if so, why FMC Services, LLC stored this sensitive information in an Internet-accessible environment;
- whether FMC Services, LLC encrypted the sensitive information;
- whether FMC Services, LLC deleted sensitive information it no longer had a reasonable need to retain;
- whether FMC Services, LLC implemented appropriate and adequate security measures to protect the sensitive information; and
- whether FMC Services, LLC has provided affected individuals adequate protection and compensation for any harms they have experienced as a result of the data breach.
On or around September 23, 2022, FMC Services, LLC reported that it experienced a data breach in which sensitive personally identifiable information stored on its systems may have been exposed to an unauthorized individual. The breach reportedly happened during an unreported time period, and the information accessed included personal information of certain individuals. Recently, FMC Services, LLC sent out data breach notification letters to those who were impacted by the breach.
We place a significant amount of trust in the companies we choose to share our information with, making the data breach all the more unacceptable. If you suspect that your information was exposed in the FMC Services, LLC data breach, Morgan & Morgan is here to help.