Warren Astbury is an attorney in the Employee Rights Group of Morgan & Morgan P.A. Mr. Astbury limits his practice to representing workers with unpaid wage claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA); discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) and 42 U.S.C. §§ 1981 and 1983; medical leave claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); disability discrimination and retaliation claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended; and age discrimination and retaliation claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, P.A., Mr. Astbury worked as a criminal prosecutor, trying more than 20 jury trials, including serious felonies. Mr. Astbury has also worked for one of the country’s largest corporate-side labor and employment firms, where he represented Fortune 500 companies. Mr. Astbury now uses this experience to fight for workers.
Mr. Astbury is admitted to practice in all the state courts in Michigan, Illinois, Florida, and California. Mr. Astbury is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida.
- Civil Rights
- Class Action
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Family Medical Leave
- Labor & Employment Rights
- Overtime and Wage & Hour
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
Awards & Recognitions
- National Black Trial Lawyers, Top 40 under 40
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- University of Windsor, B.A., Psychology, 2006
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2009