Rand Zumwalt was born and raised in Houston, Texas. He earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Texas at Austin and received his Juris doctorate from St. Mary’s University School of Law.
After graduating from law school, Rand practiced corporate and intellectual property law in Texas, serving as in-house general counsel for an international engineering firm based in Houston for nearly a decade. When the multidistrict opioid litigation was filed in 2017, Rand decided to join the fight and shifted his focus to pharmaceutical litigation.
When he is not practicing law, Rand enjoys coaching youth sports and serving area nonprofit organizations.
- The University of Texas at Austin
- St. Mary's University School of Law
- Texas Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas