Michael Reese is the managing attorney of Morgan & Morgan’s National Social Security Disability and Veterans Affairs practice.
Mr. Reese began his legal career as an Assistant State Attorney in the 20th Judicial Circuit of Florida. While there he prosecuted a wide variety of criminal cases, ultimately rising to the position of Lead Prosecutor in the white collar crime and elderly exploitation unit.
Mr. Reese then spent several years in private practice representing employers in Workers’ Compensation cases before joining Morgan & Morgan in 2003 to represent injured workers and run the Workers’ Compensation Department in the Fort Myers office. Mr. Reese served on the Board of Directors of Florida Workers Advocates for seven years, an organization dedicated to improving the law in Florida for those that have been injured on the job, and was a frequent lecturer on Workers’ Compensation Law at seminars and conferences throughout Florida.
In 2012, Mr. Reese was promoted to the Managing Attorney of the National Social Security Disability and Veterans Affairs practice.
Morgan & Morgan represents Claimants in Social Security Disability cases in all fifty states and two U.S. Territories, handling cases from the initial application for benefits through all appellate levels including Federal District and Circuit Court appeals.
Morgan & Morgan’s Veterans Affairs practice represents our Nation’s Armed Services Veterans in all stages of litigation involving disputes with the Veteran’s Administration.
- Social Security Disability
- Veterans’ Affairs
- Workers’ Compensation
- Accredited Attorney for the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of the General Counsel, Washington, DC
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- American Inns of Court, Calusa Chapter
- Lee County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Sections on: Workers Compensation; Trial Lawyers
- Florida Justice Association
- Florida Workers Advocates
- Member, Board of Directors
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- National Association of Disability Representatives
- University of South Florida, B.A., 1994
- St. Thomas University, J.D., 1997