Jaime L. Duguay focuses her practice on representing both employees and individuals in all types of employment discrimination actions, including race, gender, age, pregnancy, and disability discrimination, sexual harassment, FMLA, retaliation, and whistleblower retaliation claims. Ms. Duguay also represents clients in wage and hour matters and deals with contract negotiations, non-compete and non-solicitation agreement negotiations and disputes, and employment separation negotiations.
Ms. Duguay is a cum laude graduate of New York Law School. In law school, Ms. Duguay was a recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship, and served as the Vice President and Attorney General of the Student Bar Association. Ms. Duguay was a member of NYLS’s Moot Court Association, and competed nationally in the areas of constitutional and employment law. Ms. Duguay was a Research Assistant to Nadine Strossen, past President of the American Civil Liberties Union. Ms. Duguay also served as an intern in the New York State Attorney General’s Litigation Bureau and was an active member of the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity.
Ms. Duguay is a 2002 graduate of Emory University, where she obtained a B.A. in History and Political Science and was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, was a Rho Chi, and served on the Inter-Sorority Council Executive Board. She also re-colonized and served as the President of Rho Lambda, the Greek Women Honor’s Fraternity.
Ms. Duguay is actively engaged in volunteer work, both in legal organizations and in her community. Ms. Duguay is a member of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyer’s 2014 Leadership Academy class and served on the Board of GAWL and as the Co-Chair of GAWL’s Leadership Committee. Ms. Duguay is also currently the Secretary/Treasurer and the Vice Chair elect of the Atlanta Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section. She is also on the committee for the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation’s Energy For Life walk.
Ms. Duguay is rated one of the top employment litigation attorneys in Atlanta, and was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in Employment Litigation in 2016 and 2018.
- Class Action
- Deaf/Disability Rights
- Discrimination & Harassment
- Labor & Employment Rights
- Overtime and Wage & Hour
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers 2016, 2018 Rising Star in Employment Litigation
- Graduate of 2014 Georgia Association of Women Lawyers Leadership Academy
Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- Atlanta Bar Association: March Madness Pro Bono Program, Moderator – Classifying Employees Correctly, March 2017
- Atlanta Bar Association: March Madness Pro Bono Program, Moderator – Employment Law for Non-Profits, March 2016
- GAWL Edu: CLE presentation on written discovery top 10 best practices, December 2015
- GAWL Edu; CLE presentation on written discovery top 10 best practices, June 2015
- The Leader Within CLE presentation; panel speaker on Mentor/Mentee relationship, January 2015
- “Hurt on the Job,” Restaurant Startup and Growth. Co-authored article, September 2010
- Sexual harassment and discrimination training, Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, Atlanta, GA June 2010
- Guest lecturer for Advanced Nutrition Services Management in the Graduate Coordinator Program in Dietetics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA July 2009
- New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Board Member: Labor and Employment Section
- Board Member: Women in the Profession Section
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Board Mamber
- Leadership Committee Co-Chair
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
- New York City and State Bar Associations
- Emory University, B.A., History and Political Science, 2002
- New York Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2006