Frank Kerney grew up in central New Jersey before moving to Florida to attend the University of South Florida. After graduation Mr. Kerney attended Stetson University College of Law where he was inducted into the law school’s honor society and awarded the William F. Blews pro bono service award at graduation. Following law school Mr. Kerney accepted a position with Taracks & Associates in Tampa, Florida where he practiced family law five years. During his tenure there he was the lead attorney in approximately 50 trials and sat second chair on several others. Mr. Kerney’s passion for helping others is what brought him to Morgan & Morgan where he now represents clients in the area of consumer protection, with a focus on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Mr. Kerney was part of the team that obtained the largest TCPA order ever ($363,500) against a company that robo-called his client an astonishing 727 times without her consent.
In 2016, he was named a “rising star” by Super Lawyers magazine.
- Consumer Protection
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Sigma Nu Fraternity Alumni Association (Tampa Bay)
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- Middle District of Georgia
- Northern District of Georgia
- Southern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Northern District of Mississippi
- Eastern District of Mississippi
- Southern District of Mississippi
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- University of South Florida – 2007 (B.A. Political Science);
- Stetson University College of Law – 2010 (J.D.)