Frank Kerney grew up in central New Jersey before moving to Florida to attend the University of South Florida. After graduation, Mr. Kerney attended Stetson University College of Law where he was inducted into the law school’s honor society and awarded the William F. Blews pro bono service award at graduation. Following law school, Mr. Kerney accepted a position with Taracks & Associates in Tampa, Florida where he practiced family law for five years. During his tenure there he was the lead attorney in approximately 50 trials and sat second chair on several others. Mr. Kerney’s passion for helping others is what brought him to Morgan & Morgan where he now represents clients in the area of consumer protection, with a focus on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
In 2016 & 2017 he was named a “rising star” by Super Lawyers magazine.
Frank is licensed in both Florida and Tennessee and has been admitted to practice in several other jurisdictions.
- Consumer Protection
Roberts v. PennyMac Loan Services LLC (2017): Case of first impression recognizing the availability of oral revocation under the TCPA.
McCaskill v. Navient (2016): Order granting Plaintiff $363,500 on Summary Judgment. At the time this was the largest published TCPA award in the country.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Sigma Nu Fraternity Alumni Association (Tampa Bay)
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- Middle District of Georgia
- Northern District of Georgia
- Southern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Northern District of Mississippi
- Eastern District of Mississippi
- Southern District of Mississippi
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- University of South Florida – 2007 (B.A. Political Science);
- Stetson University College of Law – 2010 (J.D.)