Frank Kerney III grew up in central New Jersey before moving to Florida to attend the University of South Florida. After graduation, Mr. Kerney attended Stetson University College of Law where he was inducted into the law school’s honors fraternity and awarded the William F. Blews pro bono service award at graduation. Following law school, Mr. Kerney accepted a position with a firm in Tampa where he handled divorce and child custody cases for five years. During his tenure there he was the lead attorney in approximately 50 family law trials and sat second chair on several others. Mr. Kerney’s passion for helping others is what brought him to Morgan & Morgan where he now represents clients in the area of consumer protection, with a focus on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Frank was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2016, 2017, and 2018. Only the top 2.5% of lawyers in each state receive this award.
Frank is licensed in both Florida and Tennessee and has been admitted to practice in federal courts across the country, including Georgia, Indiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
- Debt Collection Harassment
- Inaccurate Credit Reporting (FCRA)
|$459,000.00 Verdict||Veronica Davis v. Conn Appliances, Inc.||Debt Collection Harassment||2019|
|$215,500.00 Verdict||Williams v. Conn Appliances|
Veronica Davis v. Conn Appliances, Inc.
Verdict - 2019
Williams v. Conn Appliances
Ammons v. Ally Financial (2018): Awarding summary judgment to Plaintiff on several issues, including the use of an automatic telephone dialing system and revocation of consent in the presence of a contract.
Summers v. Conn Appliances Inc. (2018): Arbitration award of $311,000 after Claimant received over 400 calls in violation of the TCPA.
Roberts v. PennyMac Loan Services LLC (2017): Case of first impression recognizing the availability of oral revocation under the TCPA.
- Northern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- Middle District of Georgia
- Northern District of Georgia
- Southern District of Indiana
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Western District of Kentucky
- Northern District of Mississippi
- Eastern District of Mississippi
- Southern District of Mississippi
- Middle District of Tennessee
- Western District of Tennessee
- Western District of Wisconsin
- University of South Florida – 2007 (B.A. Political Science);
- Stetson University College of Law – 2010 (J.D.)