Ocala Medical Malpractice
Visiting a doctor comes with certain expectations, like being in highly trusted, educated, and responsible hands.
Ocala is home to a sizable elderly population and serves as a bastion for farming and horse breeding in the state. It’s also closely located to the Shands network in Gainesville, making advanced medical care fairly easy to acquire. But sometimes, doctors fail to meet the standard of care expected of them.
Doctor negligence can result in life-threatening situations like illness or infection that can potentially lead to damage, disability, and death. Our organization’s medical malpractice attorneys are knowledgeable and can recognize some of the aspects of medical malpractice, and our Ocala office can help you pursue your case and justice.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is a broad area of law that involves mistakes, among other things, made in the course of medical procedures. This often involves surgery but can cover a variety of other circumstances, such as:
- Misdiagnosis, or failure to diagnose a medical condition in a timely manner
- Prescribing wrong medications, causing harmful side effects or overdose
- Over-prescribing drugs and helping cause a harmful addiction
- Waiting too long or failing to perform a circumstantially necessary medical procedure, such as a C-section
- Failing to follow proper medical hygiene procedures, leading to dangerous infections
- Failure to monitor patients
This list isn’t exhaustive. Whether you’re going under the knife or not, if you leave a medical professional feeling worse than you started, and think they might be the one to blame, contacting an attorney could mean getting the help you need.
Why is it Important?
Medical malpractice is a section of the legal field that is highly complex, because of the interplay between medical and legal concepts. Statutes pertaining to medical malpractice are constantly changing and expanding.
Florida state law also imposes special procedural requirements on medical malpractice claims in an effort to discourage these kinds of claims and encourage settlement before trial.
Our attorneys comb through medical records to get the most accurate depiction possible of what occurred. These records are reviewed by medical professionals to determine their importance in relation to the case.They could hold any information that can help get you compensation, such as evidence of a breach of a duty of care.
Our medical malpractice lawyers have a reputation for winning, and some of our settlements have been substantial. Here are some million-dollar cases our attorneys have won.
- $3 million settlement for a family after a 38-year-old husband and father passed after a failure to diagnose and treat an infection.
- $1.5 million settlement after a brain injury to a newborn during birth.
- $1.25 million verdict awarded to the husband of a 63-year-old woman who passed away during a cardiac stent procedure.
- $1.25 million settlement after the failure to diagnose and treat an infection resulted in the death of a 51-year-old mother.
- $1.1 million settlement for a client who was the victim of negligence on the part of a neurosurgeon during an operation, causing paraplegia.
- $1 million settlement for a 38-year-old woman after a failure to diagnose her colon cancer.
- $1 million settlement for the wrongful death of a 60-year-old man after a nursing staff failed to respond to his respiratory arrest.
Contact a Competent Ocala Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
Proving medical malpractice can be difficult, and taking on a well-protected doctor or hospital alone may not be enough to recover the compensation you deserve. In most cases, the healthcare industry will not admit wrongdoing, and refuse to offer compensation.
Our medical malpractice attorneys at Morgan & Morgan have a proven track record of success. They have helped hold healthcare professionals accountable for carelessness with million-dollar settlements and verdicts, including one for more than $38 million against a doctor who failed to perform a timely C-section.
Our team of Ocala legal professionals is ready to help you seek justice now. Fill out our free, no-risk case evaluation form today.
Offices near You
Current call wait: 4 seconds