Personal Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia (GA)
Welcome to Morgan & Morgan’s Atlanta website. Everything you need to know about our personal injury lawyers, our practice areas, and how to go about hiring us is all right here. It’s our goal to provide high-quality legal representation to each and every one of our clients.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, you should contact Morgan & Morgan immediately. To protect your rights, your attorney needs to act quickly in order to:
- Preserve valuable evidence
- Minimize attempts by the person that caused your injury, or their insurance company, to avoid responsibility for their actions
- Ensure that those responsible for your injuries are held fully accountable
Get in touch with us for a free case evaluation today.
Our attorneys handle a variety of injury cases, including:
What Do Personal Injury Attorneys Do?
A personal injury lawsuit is the result of a civil wrong, often referred to as a “tort.” Our personal injury lawyers attempt to right these wrongs through the civil justice system.
Morgan & Morgan’s experienced attorneys understand how to effectively represent your rights to obtain money damages for your losses. Our lawyers will inform the defense attorney and the insurance company of the facts:
- The injuries you have sustained and other related losses
- The circumstances of the accident
- The reasons your injuries are the fault of the defendant
Trial Lawyers: Fighting for You
Some accident cases are settled without a trial. Other personal injury lawsuits have to be resolved in court. Every case is different. The personal injury attorneys at Morgan & Morgan are trial lawyers. Many of our attorneys are in trial multiple times each year.
If a settlement offer is not fair and will not adequately compensate you for your injuries, we are ready, willing, and able to go into the courtroom and fight for your rights. Our reputation in the courtroom precedes us. Other lawyers and the insurance companies know that we are not afraid of a trial and that we will fight for our clients.
Steps in the Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
Once you hire us to represent you, we will immediately start working on your case. Below is a general overview of some of the steps involved in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Your attorney will contact the defendants and any insurance companies involved to discuss the case
- An investigation of the events surrounding the accident or event will be conducted. Evidence including witness testimony, surveillance video, or police reports will be collected.
- All relevant medical records will be obtained. Usually, a final report from the medical provider will be obtained after you complete your treatment to determine the extent of the damages.
- After analyzing your losses, your attorney will put together a “demand package” or “demand letter,” generally within 30 days of the end of your treatment. This document will detail the extent of your injuries and the facts surrounding the accident, as well as itemize the monetary damages.
- If the attorneys cannot reach a reasonable pre-suit resolution (settlement), they will proceed with a personal injury lawsuit
- Additional experts may be hired to support your claims for trial
- Witnesses and evidence will be prepared for trial
- Your case goes to court
At Morgan & Morgan we treat each of our Atlanta clients with personal care. This level of care is absolutely necessary to achieve the best results for you and your loved ones.
How Long Does a Lawsuit Take?
Not every accident lawsuit will strictly follow the steps outlined above. The entire process can take considerable time and in some cases may take years. A client only has one opportunity to pursue an injury claim and seek a fair recovery. Patience combined with the right lawyer are the keys to success in any personal injury case.
Areas of Service
Beyond the city of Atlanta, we offer legal services throughout Northern Georgia as well, so please get in touch with us by completing our free case evaluation today.