Helicopter Accident Attorney in Washington D.C.1901 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W, Suite 300
, Washington, D.C. 20006
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Washington D.C. Helicopter Accident Attorney
Taking a helicopter tour is a great way to see the nation’s capital. While you can’t fly over the White House, you can get a bird’s eye view of other landmarks like the Washington Monument and Arlington National Cemetery. While helicopters are generally safe, you’re more likely to be in a vehicle collision; accidents can happen. If you need a Washington, DC, helicopter accident lawyer, Morgan & Morgan may be able to help. Contact Morgan & Morgan for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Common Causes of Helicopter Accidents in Washington D.C.
Helicopter crashes can be caused by a variety of factors. Determining the cause of the crash is the first step toward supporting your personal injury case. Some common reasons helicopters can go down include the following examples.
- Manufacturer defects. All aircraft have to be designed and constructed in a way that ensures pilot and passenger safety. However, some helicopters are made with cheap or untested materials, while others are flawed before their construction even begins. When this happens, helicopter designers and manufacturers can be held liable in a product liability claim.
- Component failure. Even if a helicopter is designed and assembled without defects, the craft relies on many parts and systems working together. Any part that is replaced, installed, or fitted on the aircraft has the potential to fail, putting occupants at risk during flight. Common malfunctioning helicopter components include electrical systems, seat belts, safety harnesses, and rotor systems.
- Pilot error. The vast majority of helicopter accidents involve some form of pilot error. This can include loss of aircraft control, improper training, failure to recognize a potential crash situation, or flying while intoxicated, distracted, or overtired. Pilots may also place profits over safety, agreeing to take on passengers despite adverse weather conditions.
- Obstructions. Helicopter rotors striking an object account for a startlingly high number of crashes. The helicopter blades may contact trees, radio and cell phone towers, and even mountains or buildings. A helicopter that flies too close to a power line, telephone wire, or cable risks entanglement with rotors that can cause the craft to land suddenly in an unsuitable location. Entanglement crashes can occur even when weather conditions are clear and are likely to involve pilot negligence.
If you’re involved in a helicopter accident, Morgan & Morgan may be able to help.
Why Choose Morgan & Morgan as Your Washington, D.C. Helicopter Accident Lawyer
Morgan & Morgan is the largest personal injury law firm in the nation, and we have a proven track record of success. Contact Morgan & Morgan today to learn more about your helicopter accident case.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews