Hurricane Ian Damage Lawyer in St. Augustine2601 North Ponce De Leon Blvd.,
St. Augustine, FL 32084
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Hurricane Ian Damages
In September, Hurricane Ian landed on the shores of South Florida and registered as a Category 4 Atlantic storm. Noted as one of the most powerful and destructive storms to hit the United States in decades, its deadly winds and floods caused miles of irreparable damage to homes, and in worst cases, led to the tragic deaths of many Floridians. If you or a loved one suffered damages due to Hurricane Ian, contact a Morgan & Morgan hurricane damage attorney for help today.
For over 30 years, our law firm has been dedicated to helping victims who have had their lives turned upside down by natural disasters get back on their feet. Contact our St. Augustine office today by completing our free, no-obligation case evaluation form to have one of our hurricane damages attorneys review your case.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Recovering After Hurricane Ian
When a hurricane hits, you can either experience a little bit of rainfall or see entire communities ripped to shreds. Whether you’re looking to repair water damage or recover the last remaining articles from what once was a place you called home, at Morgan & Morgan, our hurricane attorneys know the ins and outs behind what you need to do in order to get your life back on track. Below we’ve listed off what you should do after a hurricane hits your home in order to better prepare for your insurance claim:
- Take a record of all damage: In order to prove the damages the hurricane caused to your home, you would have already taken “before” photos of your property before the storm hit. In the case you were unable to obtain “before” photos, you will now need to take “after” photos to show the extent of the damage the hurricane caused to your property. Take pictures of everything, both inside and outside, as well as note any and all the damage you notice. You want full compensation for every single repair you’ll need to make, as well as for every item that has been lost or damaged.
- Tarp over your property to protect it from further damages: If you do not cover your home or business after a storm hits, insurance companies may take advantage and try to claim that any damage found had occurred after the storm. In some cases, they may even try to claim that it was your fault. After a storm hits, check your insurance policy for your “Duties After Loss” responsibilities to better understand what exactly your insurance company expects you to do. This way you will not be held accountable for any of the property damage you’ve sustained.
- File your insurance claim as soon as you are able: Many insurance policies will require that you file a claim within a “reasonable amount of time,” which could typically mean within a week or two from when the hurricane hit your area. To ensure you are filing a claim at the proper time, you need to check your policy. However, regardless of what timeline your policy gives you, it is in your best interest to file the claim as soon as you have documented all the damage.
It is important to note that in some cases, even if you have taken all of the proper steps to protect your home, the insurance company may try to deny you your claims. At Morgan & Morgan, our law firm understands how insurance companies work when filing for an insurance claim after a storm. After they’ve denied your claim, our attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure you get the help you need to rebuild your home.
How Can a Morgan & Morgan Attorney Help Me?
When you decide to hire one of our St. Augustine hurricane damages attorneys, they will immediately get to work on your case. They will work with you to ensure you have everything you need to properly file your insurance claim. In the case that the insurance company refuses to pay your claim in full, your attorney will be prepared to fight on your behalf. Your attorney will hold them accountable and ensure that you and your loved ones receive the compensation you need to rebuild and get your lives back on track.
What Compensation Could I Receive After Hurricane Ian?
Hurricane Ian marks the beginning of a long and painful uphill battle with insurance companies for many home and property owners in Florida. When it comes to filing for insurance claims after a hurricane, the most common form of damages include, but are not limited to the following:
- Roof damage
- Fire damage
- Broken windows
- Structural damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Damage to personal property inside the home
- Damage to outside structures, like sheds, pools, and fences
Hurricanes are devastating enough on their own and you should never have to struggle afterward to get the help you and your family need. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case when it comes to dealing with insurance companies after a storm. If you want someone in your corner fighting on your behalf, our St. Augustine hurricane attorneys are ready to help. Don’t hesitate to contact our law firm. To learn more about how we can help you, complete our free case evaluation form today.
How Much Does It Cost to Work With Morgan & Morgan?
Asking yourself how you can afford to pay for an attorney should be the last thing on your mind after you’ve just been hit with a hurricane. At Morgan & Morgan, we know how hard it is to get back on your feet after a storm has turned your life upside down. Our top priority is making sure you and your loved ones are able to get your lives back on track, not worry you with another bill. This is why when you hire one of our attorneys we’ll only get paid if we win your case, and our fees will never come out of your pocket.
Contact a Morgan & Morgan Hurricane Damage Lawyer Today
After a hurricane hits, the losses you experience can continue to roll in long after the winds and rains have passed. Now more than ever our communities need to band together to help those who have had their lives turned upside down by hurricane Ian. At Morgan & Morgan, we know the importance of treating our clients like family, especially after a natural disaster. If you or your loved ones have been affected by hurricane Ian, we want to help you get the relief you need in order to pick up the pieces.
For more information about how a St. Augustine Morgan & Morgan Hurricane attorney can help you recover after hurricane Ian, you can complete our free case evaluation form today. See why millions trust Morgan & Morgan after a hurricane.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews