- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Mobile Medical Malpractice
From a simple check-up to a major surgery, doctors have a standard of care to perform, and they generally do. The result is an educated, steady hand working to improve your quality of life.
But doctors can sometimes fail to meet the standard of care expected of them. Mistakes or negligence can result in life-threatening situations like illness or infection, potentially leading to damage, disability, and death.
Morgan & Morgan’s Mobile attorneys are knowledgeable and can recognize some of the more subtle aspects of medical malpractice. Our attorneys may be able to help you pursue your case, and get you justice. Fill out our free case evaluation form today.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice comes in many shapes and sizes. A surgical error, like an organ getting cut and no notice or attempt to repair it being made, would qualify. But many different things count, including:
- Misdiagnosis, as well as the failure to diagnose a medical condition in a timely manner;
- Prescribing wrong drugs, causing harmful side effects or overdose;
- Over-prescribing drugs and helping cause a harmful addiction;
- Waiting too long or failing to perform a circumstantially necessary medical procedure, such as a C-section;
- Failing to follow proper medical hygiene procedures, leading to dangerous infections; and
- Failure to monitor patients.
This list isn’t exhaustive. Whether you’re going under the knife or not, if you leave a medical professional feeling worse than you started, and think they might be the one to blame, contacting an attorney could mean getting the help you need.
Why is Medical Malpractice Important in Alabama?
Medical malpractice is one of the most complex areas of the law because it includes concepts in both the medical and legal field that are advanced and difficult to explain, not to mention constantly evolving to meet new standards.
Alabama state law also imposes special procedural requirements on medical malpractice claims in an effort to discourage them, and encourage settlement before trial.
Our attorneys comb through medical records to get the most accurate depiction of what occurred as possible. These records are reviewed with medical professionals to determine their importance in relation to the case. If they hold any information that can help get you compensation, such as evidence of a breach of duty of care, you may be able to seek help. Our team of attorneys is well-versed in what it takes to win medical malpractice cases.
According to the National Practitioner Data Bank, compiled by the U.S. Department of Health, there were 148,909 settlements, awards, judgments, or other monetary exchanges related to medical malpractice claims from 2005-2015. Here are some of Morgan & Morgan’s biggest malpractice wins:
- $3 million settlement for a family after a 38-year-old husband and father passed after a failure to diagnose and treat an infection.
- $1.5 million settlement after a brain injury to a newborn during birth.
- $1.25 million verdict awarded to the husband of a 63-year-old woman who passed away during a cardiac stent procedure.
- $1.25 million settlement after the failure to diagnose and treat an infection resulted in the death of a 51-year-old mother.
- $1.1 million settlement for a client who was the victim of negligence on the part of a neurosurgeon during an operation, causing paraplegia.
- $1 million settlement for a 38-year-old woman after a failure to diagnose her colon cancer.
- $1 million settlement for the wrongful death of a 60-year-old man after a nursing staff failed to respond to his respiratory arrest.
Speak to a Mobile Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
Seeking justice or damages for a medical error can add even more of a hassle to an already frustrating and possibly debilitating experience. A competent malpractice attorney can be a valuable ally in trying to achieve those goals.
Our Morgan & Morgan team in Mobile is ready to represent you with vigor and compassion, and has a long track record of success when it comes to medical malpractice cases.
Fill out our free, no-risk case evaluation form if you’re ready to start seeking justice today.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews