Bicycle Accident Attorney in Lexington333 West Vine Street, Suite 1200
Lexington, KY 40507
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Lexington Bicycle Accident Attorney
When a bicycle accident happens because of someone else’s negligence, it’s our job to ensure that those who suffered injuries as a result are adequately compensated. We know that cyclists are usually perceived to be reckless on the road, but these claims are mostly baseless. We also know that insurance companies will do anything to avoid liability, even if it means blaming you for the accident. If you or a loved one is a victim, our Lexington bicycle accident attorney might be able to fight for you. Get in touch today to get started.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Common Reasons for Bicycle Accidents Caused by Drivers
Bicycle accidents in Lexington happen due to many reasons, mostly negligence on the part of drivers. Here are some common examples:
- Blind spots in large vehicles.
- Aggressive driving behavior.
- Lack of awareness of cyclists.
- Failure to yield at intersections or when merging.
- Distractions like texting or eating.
- Opening car doors without checking the surroundings (dooring).
- Aggressive passing or tailgating.
- Excessive speeding.
- Driving under the influence.
- Failing to signal intentions.
- Disregarding traffic signals.
If you or your beloved has been injured due to any of these reasons or anything along those lines, tell us about your case. Our attorneys might be able to help.
Common Injuries In Bicycle Accidents
One study on bicycle accident trends in Kentucky found that bicyclists sustain injuries in about 62.8 percent of crashes they’re involved in. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis or loss of sensation.
- Internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding.
- Head injuries, including concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
- Fractures, such as broken arms, legs, or collarbones.
- Road rash and abrasions from contact with the road surface.
- Soft tissue injuries like sprains and strains.
- Joint injuries, including dislocations or damage to knees and shoulders.
- Nerve damage causing numbness or loss of function in limbs.
- Psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or anxiety.
- Death resulting from severe trauma or multiple injuries.
- Injuries specific to cyclists, such as handlebar injuries or saddle sores.
- Facial injuries, including cuts, bruises, and dental damage.
Get a Free Case Evaluation Today
Attorneys at Morgan and Morgan have represented more than 500,000 families nationwide and won over $20 billion in settlements and verdicts. You or your loved one might be eligible for compensation if involved in a bicycle accident in Lexington or elsewhere in Kentucky.
Dont wait—we have a national network of more than 1,000 attorneys ready to fight for you. Get a free case review to get started.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews