- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Brunswick Medical Malpractice
All doctors have a moral and legal obligation to do their best to take care of us. But sometimes, they fall short—and when they do, the results can be devastating. If you receive negligent care by a healthcare professional, it’s not just a violation of your trust—medical malpractice can cause debilitating injuries, long term illness, and even death.
Have you or someone you love been the victim of medical malpractice? If so, we understand that you may feel overwhelmed by staggering medical bills, as well as hurt, lost, and lonely in your struggle to make things right. However, you don’t have to face these troubles alone. Morgan & Morgan can help.
Our Brunswick office is part of a team of 800 lawyers and 3,000 support staff, fighting for justice across the country. We are deeply experienced in medical malpractice cases and are well-equipped to take on the biggest bullies to get the compensation you deserve.
We fight For The People, Not The Powerful. If you want to find out more, complete our free, no-obligation case evaluation form. Your consultation is free, you never pay a cent out-of-pocket, and there’s only a fee if we win your case.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is defined by the National Center for Biotechnology Information as any act or omission that deviates from accepted medical protocol and causes an injury. It can be committed by any member of the healthcare industry and can include:
- Lack of oxygen during a medical procedure
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Delayed treatment of a medical condition
- Failure to diagnose a medical condition
- Childbirth injury due to negligence
- X-ray technician negligence
- Administering the wrong medication
- Injury caused by experimental medicines or treatments
- Laboratory and blood test errors
- Infections due to contaminated equipment
- Negligent treatment by paramedics
- Transfer to other medical facilities without patient’s consent
- Defective medical devices and products
- Failure to diagnose cancer
Is Medical Malpractice Widespread?
While medical personnel are among the most trusted professionals, the results can be serious if they violate their duty of care. A recent study by John Hopkins University found that medical mistakes result in the death of 250,000 Americans every year.
Unfortunately, Georgia is also lagging behind when it comes to safe medical care. The non-profit Georgia Health News recently reported that the state ranks 40th in the nation for hospital safety, with fewer than 20% of Georgia hospitals earning an “A” grade for patient safety.
What Injuries Can Occur?
Health professionals that provide negligent care can cause life-changing conditions and injuries, including the following:
- Spinal cord trauma
- Brain injury
- Organ damage
How Can a Lawyer Help?
If you need to file a medical malpractice complaint in Georgia, having a good attorney can make all the difference. An experienced Morgan & Morgan lawyer will assist you at every step of the process and can:
- Navigate complex laws. Georgia has some complicated laws regarding medical malpractice lawsuits and the requirements for winning them. An attorney can make sure that everything is filed within the state’s statute of limitations and gather the necessary evidence to meet the state’s burden of proof.
- Build a strong case. A Morgan & Morgan lawyer will thoroughly review your case, learning the extent of your injuries, and how they have and will affect your life. Our attorney will also obtain expert witness testimony, including the “Affidavit of Expert” required for Georgia medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Review compensation offers. If the defendant decides to make an offer rather than take your case to court, your attorney will review it carefully to determine if it is fair. If a larger one is needed, your lawyer will negotiate for it.
- Go to court if necessary. If the settlement offer is not satisfactory, we will take your case to court. Our medical malpractice lawyers are also experienced trial attorneys with a track record of success, and we’re not afraid to try your case to fight for full and fair compensation.
What Compensation Is Available?
If you prove that your injuries are the result of negligence, you could be entitled to compensation for damages such as:
- Lost wages
- Current and future medical expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of life’s enjoyment
- Loss of consortium if a loved one dies
Contact Morgan & Morgan
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand that medical malpractice can take a strong physical and emotional toll. You can ease your burden by contacting us. Our Brunswick office is here to help, providing access to a team of lawyers that has won more than $13 billion for our clients since our inception in 1988.
We know that during times like these, your budget may be limited. That’s why we work solely on a contingency basis—meaning that your initial consultation is always free, you never pay out-of-pocket, and there’s only a fee if we win your case.
We fight For The People, Not The Powerful. Let us put our experience, expertise, and resources to work for you. To find out more, fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form and a lawyer will get in touch.