- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Paducah Birth Injuries
During the birthing process, both mother and child are quite vulnerable and need the gentlest of care. Although expectant parents in Paducah search for the best medical care before the delivery of their newborn, not all doctors deserve the trust of their patients, and serious, life-altering injuries can occur due to negligence and error.
Medical negligence is a risk during any procedure, but newborns are extremely susceptible to injuries that can cause a lifetime of disability and medical expenses, including cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy.
It can be difficult to prove negligence on the part of the medical facility on your own, as doctors will not readily admit when mistakes occur. That’s where an experienced birth injury lawyer can help.
The birth injury attorneys at Morgan & Morgan have years of experience handling these types of cases. Our Paducah attorneys will fight to try and hold the negligent parties responsible for their actions, recover compensation for costly medical expenses, and bring justice to you and your baby after a traumatic delivery.
If you or your loved one suffered a birth injury caused by medical negligence, we may be able to help. To learn what our Paducah birth injury attorneys may be able to do for you, please fill out our free case evaluation form today.
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
The delivery process can have many complications if the physician is not careful. Among the most common causes of birth injuries include:
- Excessive force: The doctor causes nerve damage to the newborn by exerting too much force on a limb or the neck during vacuum extraction or using forceps.
- Oxygen Deprivation Complications, such as an umbilical cord wrapped around the neck, can deprive a newborn of oxygen. This can result in brain damage, permanent cognitive delays, or conditions such as cerebral palsy.
- Delayed C-Section: A doctor may have a delayed response to fetal distress or otherwise fail to perform a C-section in a timely manner, causing injury or death to the newborn.
- Inadequate Monitoring: The physician may not adequately monitor the mother and child’s condition before, during, or after the delivery, leading to complications or death. Conditions that require immediate attention from the physician that may go ignored include preeclampsia, placenta previa, ruptured uterus, and more.
Any of these examples of medical negligence or error can cause nerve damage, Erb’s palsy, Klumpke’s palsy, paralysis, brain damage, hemorrhaging, spinal cord damage, and other motor disorders.
Our birth injury attorneys will work to establish negligence on the part of the medical professional by proving one of these common causes of birth injuries occurred during the delivery.
Cerebral palsy can be caused by complications before or during birth. It is a debilitating medical condition that negatively impacts a child’s motor function and can require costly lifelong medical care.
A birth injury attorney can file a lawsuit for present and future medical costs, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, among other damages that will help the family financially support their child with cerebral palsy.
Statute of Limitations
If someone you love is the victim of a birth injury, the statute of limitations to file a lawsuit is within one year of the accident, according to Kentucky law. It’s important for families to pursue a lawsuit as soon as possible if they suspect their newborn’s birth injury was the result of a medical error.
How Much Does a Birth Injury Attorney Cost?
Morgan & Morgan’s birth injury attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis. That means no upfront costs to you. You will only pay a reasonable fee if your attorney prevails in recovering compensation for you.
What Can I Recover from a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
If you or your infant suffered a birth injury due to the negligence of a medical professional, you may be able to recover compensation for your pain and suffering, and medical expenses.
To learn how our Paducah birth injury attorneys may be able to help you, fill out our free case evaluation form today.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.