Medical Malpractice Attorney in Tallahassee313 North Monroe Street, Suite 401
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Tallahassee Medical Malpractice
Our medical malpractice attorneys may be able to help you file a lawsuit if you have been injured by the negligent actions of a doctor, hospital, or healthcare professional. Doctors and other healthcare professionals have a duty to provide medical care that adheres to the accepted standards of the profession.
If this duty was breached, you may be able to file a lawsuit to seek compensation for your damages. Through a medical malpractice lawsuit, an attorney may be able to take your case and help you have the best chances of receiving compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, among other losses you experienced as a result of the medical malpractice.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare professional, please complete our online case review form to sign up for a free, no-obligation case review. In Florida, there is a time limit in which a medical malpractice lawsuit may be filed. You may be running out of time.
How Will a Tallahassee Medical Malpractice Attorneys Help?
In preparing a medical malpractice lawsuit, your attorney may:
- Collect and review the evidence in your case
- Analyze medical records to determine if the medical care you received did not meet the accepted standards of the healthcare profession
- Review the facts of your medical malpractice claim to determine if any other party is at fault, such as manufacturers of defective medical devices or pharmaceutical companies whose drugs contributed to your injuries
- Determine the value of your claim
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and review and settlement offers that are received to ensure that you receive proper compensation for the injuries you have suffered
In addition, your medical malpractice attorney may work with medical experts who will help establish that your injuries were in fact caused by medical malpractice. The medical expert may also be called upon to offer testimony regarding the extent of your injuries and the medical treatments and rehabilitation procedures that you may need in the future.
In a medical malpractice case, the credibility of the expert witness is an important component of a successful claim. Our Tallahassee medical malpractice attorneys work hand-in-hand with some of the leading medical experts in Florida to help ensure that our clients receive proper compensation for all the injuries they have sustained as a result of medical malpractice.
What is My Medical Malpractice Case Worth?
You may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages through a medical malpractice lawsuit:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages include the medical bills you have to bear, including the costs of rehabilitation services and in-home health aides. If you have missed work as a result of your injuries, you might be eligible to recover compensation for lost wages. In medical malpractice cases involving severe injuries where you are no work as you are unable to perform the tasks of your job, you may be able to receive compensation to combat your reduced earning capacity.
- Non-Economic Damages: Pain and suffering are meant to compensate victims for the physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish associated with their injuries. In addition, the spouse of a medical malpractice victim may be able to recover compensation for loss of consortium. Loss of consortium damage is intended to compensate a victim’s spouse for the loss of relationship benefits, including affection and sexual relations.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of gross negligence or recklessness, a medical malpractice attorney may be able to recover punitive damages. Punitive damages are large sums of money awarded to victims in order to punish the wrongdoer and discourage other healthcare professionals from engaging in similarly dangerous behavior.
Our Tallahassee attorneys also handle wrongful death cases arising out of medical malpractice. Through a wrongful death claim, the surviving spouse and certain family members could receive compensation for medical bills, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of support, and other damages incurred by the family of the deceased.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases Our Attorneys Handle
Our medical malpractice attorneys represent clients if they have faced any of the following examples of medical malpractice:
- Failure to diagnose diseases and other medical conditions, such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, brain hemorrhage and infection
- Surgical errors
- Hospital malpractice
- Failure to accurately interpret medical tests
- Dental malpractice
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Emergency room negligence, including failure to provide prompt treatment
- Misread x-rays and ultrasounds
- Nursing malpractice
- Ordering unnecessary tests or medical procedures
- Anesthesia error
- Failure to examine a patient’s medical history
- Neurological malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Postoperative negligence
- Radiation injuries
- Medication errors, including prescribing the incorrect dosage
- Failure to order appropriate tests
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist
- Leaving a foreign object in a patient following surgery
- Failure to warn a patient of the risks and side effects of a recommended course of treatment
If you or a loved one was a victim of medical malpractice, complete our case review form to find out what the next steps are.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.