What Does a Personal Injury Attorney Do?
Getting hurt can be a frightening experience, but your legal team can walk you through the claims process from start to finish. They can provide a sense of comfort, confidence, and composure that makes the process less stressful. While we focus on recovering compensation, you can focus on recovering from your injury.
How Long Will My Case Take?
Every case has unique characteristics, so there’s no standard timetable for arriving at a settlement or jury verdict. No matter how long it takes, Morgan & Morgan attorneys will fight diligently on your behalf. We can:
- Assess the cause and severity of the injury
- Gather evidence including police reports and medical records
- Use our experience to determine the full value of your case
- Establish the short- and long-term implications of your injury
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Prepare the case for trial if a settlement can’t be reached
Our attorneys aren’t afraid to go to trial if the other side won’t negotiate fairly. Our jury verdicts are 20 times greater than the pre-trial settlement offers we receive.
What Types of Compensation Are Available?
You might be surprised to find the range of damages available in personal injury cases. The insurance company will likely attempt to minimize them so they can pay you as little as possible, but our legal team will fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Here are some examples of damages often awarded to injury victims:
- Current and ongoing medical bills
- Lost of wages or employment
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
How Do I Get Started?
If you’ve been injured, contact Morgan & Morgan’s Gainesville office. Our team of attorneys has won over $7 billion for our clients nationwide, and successfully resolved more than half a million cases since 2015.
Set up a free case evaluation to find out what we can do for you.