- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Tampa Business Litigation
Morgan & Morgan’s Business Trial Group attorneys represent clients in the Tampa area in all types of commercial litigation lawsuits(/business-litigation-lawyers/), including cases involving a breach of contract, partnership and shareholder disputes, and unlawful infringement of intellectual property rights.
While our business attorneys are well known throughout Florida for their trial success, they also regularly obtain favorable results for commercial litigation clients through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. Because our commercial litigation attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, our clients are not charged by the hour, and we receive a fee only if we prevail in your case.
If you have a business dispute that you would like to bring up with the commercial litigation team at Morgan & Morgan, contact us at 877-667-4265 or complete our case review form today.
Commercial Litigation Practice Areas
Business Torts and Breach-of-Contract Lawsuits: The Business Trial Group has successfully recovered millions of dollars for businesses and individuals who have suffered economic losses due to unfair or unlawful practices. Our business attorneys regularly bring commercial litigation lawsuits involving complex torts such as:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Unfair trade practices
- Conversion and civil theft
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Interference with a contractual relationship
- Interference with a business relationship
Our commercial litigation attorneysalso frequently handle breach-of-contract lawsuits. Breach-of-contract cases often arise out of disagreements over the meaning of the terms of a contract, changed circumstances that affect one party’s ability to perform under the contract, or a party’s outright refusal to perform under the contract.
If another party breached your contract, our contract attorneys may be able to help you enforce the terms of the arrangement or recover compensatory damages that represent the benefit you would have received had the pact not been broken.
Construction Litigation: Our construction attorneys represent developers, property owners, contractors, subcontractors, lenders, suppliers and design professionals in issues that arise out of both public and private projects in the Tampa area. We handle all types of construction litigation matters, including:
- Construction defect claims
- Extra work claims
- Interpretations of project plans and specifications
- Delay and disruption claims
- Warranty and contract claims
- Mechanic’s liens and surety claims
- Job closeout, payment, and performance bond claims
- Wrongful termination
- Unforeseen conditions
- Insurance coverage and claims
Our team of construction attorneys includes a Florida Bar board-certified specialist in construction law. To receive this certification, the Florida Bar requires an attorney to have special knowledge, skills, and professionalism with regard to construction law. Less than 1% of all attorneys have received board certification in construction law.
Employment Litigation: Morgan & Morgan’s Business Trial Group attorneys represent both employees and businesses in many kinds of employment disputes. Given our experience representing both sides in employment law cases, our attorneys have a unique perspective on these matters.
On behalf of businesses, we often handle employment matters involving allegations of:
- Breaches of employment contracts
- Tortious interference with employment contracts
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Violations of noncompete, nondisclosure, or confidentiality agreements
Our employment lawyers often represent executives and employees and handle cases involving allegations of:
- Wrongful termination
- Wrongfully denied executive compensation and benefits
- Breach of employment contract
- Unpaid compensation such as wages, bonuses, or commissions
- Unpaid severance, stock options, or retirement benefits
The Business Trial Group’s employment lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, making this an accessible option for employees who have been duped by their employers or large companies.
Legal Malpractice and Professional Liability: The legal malpractice and professional liability attorneys in our Business Trial Group help clients receive compensation for losses caused by all types of professional negligence and misconduct.
With regard to legal malpractice, we handle claims involving:
- Failure to file lawsuits within the applicable statute of limitations
- Failure to know the law or perform adequate legal research
- Failure to secure witnesses or experts needed for the case
- Negligent contract drafting
- Mistakes made in the formation of a corporation or partnership
- Failure to follow a client’s instructions in drafting a legal document
We also handle lawsuits involving fee disputes with lawyers and other professionals.
In addition to handling cases involving attorney malpractice, our lawyers also represent clients in the Tampa and St. Petersburg area who have been harmed by accounting and tax services malpractice; design, planning and construction malpractice; engineering malpractice; and architectural malpractice.
Real Estate Litigation: The Business Trial Group’s accomplished real estate attorneys represent purchasers, sellers, brokers, developers, appraisers, landowners, and tenants in Florida. We commonly handle real estate litigation matters involving:
- Adverse possession
- Breach of contract
- Broker fee disputes
- Building code violations
- Mechanics' liens
- Specific performance
- Tax deed litigation
Our experienced real estate lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in these matters, including significant wins in cases involving design and planning negligence, breaches of commercial lease, breaches of commercial sale agreements, and landlord-tenant disputes.
Shareholder and Partnership Disputes: Our business attorneys represent clients in ownership and partnership disputes in many industries, including accounting, real estate, medicine, and law firm partnerships. We represent partners who have been wrongly ousted and also handle cases involving violations of partnership agreements, operating agreements, or bylaws. Common issues in partnership disputes include:
- Violations of partnership agreements, operating agreements or bylaws
- Ownership and management conflicts
- Inappropriate executive compensation
- Breach of noncompete, nonsolicitation, and trade secret agreements
- Negligent management
- Embezzlement, fraud, and management self-dealing
- Dissolution and asset division
In addition, our commercial litigation lawyers have significant experience handling “shareholder oppression” cases representing minority owners whose rights have been suppressed by majority shareholders.
Trade Secrets Litigation and Intellectual Property: The intellectual property attorneys in Morgan & Morgan’s Business Trial Group can help clients solve disputes regarding trademark, copyright, and patent infringement. Our business lawyers are knowledgeable and have experience handling intellectual property lawsuits involving allegations of:
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Misappropriation of likeness
- Online trademark infringement, including cases involving domain names, cybersquatting, and unfair use of trademarks in pay-per-click advertising
- Misappropriation of corporate names and images in branding disputes
- False advertising
- Unfair or deceptive business practices, unfair competition
- Violations of rights of celebrity
In the event that you or your business has been the victim of intellectual property infringement, our intellectual property attorneys might be able to assist you in recovering damages for lost profits, reasonable royalties, and in certain cases treble (triple) damages.
Trust & Estate Litigation: Our probate attorneys have significant experience handling trust and estate lawsuits involving issues such as fraud, undue influence, and breach of fiduciary duty. According to Florida law, personal representatives of estates, as well as trustees and guardians, are considered fiduciaries. They must act within the strictest legal and ethical standards imposed by law. If this duty has been violated, our probate attorneys may be able to obtain compensation for you through a trust and estate lawsuit.
Our wills, trust, and estate attorneys commonly handle lawsuits involving:
- Lack of capacity
- Inadequate formalities
- Removal of fiduciaries
- Surcharge actions
- Evaluation of trustee impartiality
- Contested conservatorship
- Tax disputes involving trust, estates, and guardianships
Contingency Fee Business Attorneys
Our business attorneys represent clients on a contingency fee basis and do not charge hourly fees, so we don’t get paid unless we win. Unlike other business law firms, our compensation is based solely on obtaining the highest possible recovery for our clients. Further, because our clients do not have to pay an hourly corporate law firm upfront legal fees, our clients cannot be bullied by larger or wealthier opponents. At the Business Trial Group, we believe that a client with a strong case should not be deprived of justice due to their finances.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of contingency fee business litigation.
Offices Throughout the Tampa and St. Petersburg Areas
Morgan & Morgan has been in business for more than 30 years and is now the largest contingency fee law firm in the country, with more than 700 attorneys and over 3,000 team members. The firm has 17 offices in Florida, including locations in and around Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Lakeland, Bradenton, Clearwater, and Winter Haven. Due to the firm’s wide geographic presence, the Business Trial Group can aggressively pursue our commercial litigation client’s causes, regardless of the venue.
To find out more information about Business Trial Group commercial attorneys and for a free, confidential consultation, contact us at 877-667-4265 or complete our case review form today.