How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help?
You may think that when someone is in a car crash or another incident, the liable party’s insurance covers all their expenses. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case. Many insurance companies put profits over people, looking for any reason to deny, delay, or lowball a valid claim. Those who’ve been injured often don’t know the full extent of their injuries, or the full value of their claim, so they may accept an offer that’s far lower than it should be.
A personal injury attorney serves as an advocate for the injured, making sure they recover the compensation they need to bounce back. Our firm deals with the insurance companies so that our clients can focus on getting better.
On average, people who hire a lawyer after a car crash recover three times more than those who don’t. Don’t accept the first offer you receive, and don’t settle for less than you deserve. A personal injury lawyer can gauge the full value of your case, then work to achieve that outcome.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover?
Every case is different, but no matter the circumstances, our attorneys may give you the best chance of recovering compensation for the following damages (and others):
- Past and Future Medical Expenses: These include hospital bills, medication and rehabilitation costs, and in-home care aides.
- Lost Wages: If you have missed work because of the injury, you may be able to recover compensation for lost income.
- Reduced Earning Capacity: If your ability to earn a living has been diminished by your injuries, you may also be eligible to receive compensation for your loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be owed compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress caused by your injuries.
- Punitive Damages: You may also be entitled to collect punitive damages if the accident or malpractice involved particularly reckless conduct or an intentional action to harm or deceive. Punitive damages are intended to discourage others from engaging in similarly dangerous or malicious conduct.
In early 2020, attorney Herbert Hofmann II of the Sarasota office recovered $3.7 million for someone injured in a car crash.
How Much Does It Cost?
At Morgan & Morgan, we believe that everyone should have an equal shot at justice. That’s why we operate on the contingency fee basis, which means it costs nothing upfront to hire us and we get paid only if you win. Our fee comes out of the money that we recover for you. We’re affordable, we’re accessible, and we will fight tirelessly on your behalf.
How Do I Get Started?
Give us a call or fill out a case review form to receive a free, no-obligation consultation. Our call center is open 24/7; contact us now to see how we can help you