- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Lakeland Product Liability
Manufacturers have a legal responsibility to produce products which are safe for consumers, but too often, a desire for maximum profits leads to insufficient testing and corner cutting. This puts consumers at risk, as defective products or drugs can lead to considerable financial loss, serious injury, and even death.
Product liability claims arise when a person is injured by a defective or otherwise dangerous product. In Florida, products liability claims are viable only if the resulting injury stems directly from a manufacturing defect.
If you or a loved one was injured by a defective or otherwise dangerous product, contact one of Morgan & Morgan's seasoned Lakeland product liability lawyers today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Examples of Recent Product Liability Claims
Medicines* Actos * Lexapro * Fosamax * Topamax * Zoloft
Consumer Fraud* Forced Place Flood Insurance * Unfair Overdraft Protection Fees * Home Equity and Commercial Lines of Credit (HELOC) * Adjustable Rate Mortgage Interest Rates
Medical Devices* Transvaginal Mesh * DePuy ASR Hip Implant * Shoulder Pain Pump
Products* TrimBoard * Fluidmaster No-Burst Supply Lines * Electrolux Dryers * Frigidaire Dishwashers
Types of Product Liability Claims
Product liability claims generally fall into one of four main categories described below: defectively manufactured products, defectively engineered products, marketing defects, and failure to warn or instruct.
- Defectively Manufactured Product: A defectively manufactured product is one which contains a flaw not in its blueprint design, but rather in its individualized manufacturing. In other words, the defective product is different from the other ones on the shelf due to a unique error in its production. As with any Florida product liability case, persons wishing to file a claim involving a defectively manufactured product must be able to show that there was a defect, that the defect caused their injuries, and that their own negligence did not play a part.
- Defectively Designed Product: Defectively designed products are those with inherently dangerous or defective design models. Unlike defectively manufactured products, in which only singular instances of the product are faulty, products with a design defect contain an error in their engineering or blueprints. In these cases, the entire line of products is defective and/or dangerous.
- Marketing Defects: Marketing defects claims typically involve products that have been falsely or incorrectly advertised. Most commonly, these types of claims are filed against pharmaceutical companies who advertise that a drug or medical product can be used in an unapproved and dangerous function, or a company that claims its product is safe when they are aware that it is not.
- Failure to Warn or Instruct: Claims concerning the failure to warn or instruct are typically filed against manufacturing companies that neglect to provide adequate warnings, instructions or any otherwise necessary information about a product which deviates from the commonly marketed model. If the average customer believes a product should behave a certain way and it does not, the manufacturer has a responsibility to notify the customers of the difference to avoid problems.
Contact Morgan & Morgan Today
At Morgan & Morgan, we understand that a defective product or drug can cause significant physical, emotional and financial distress. This is why our trusted Lakeland products liability attorneys are committed to maximizing the recovery for anyone suffering due to a faulty or improperly advertised product.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product receive a free case review by filling out the simple form on the right.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews