Get your free, immediate, Case Evaluation
A car crash is always stressful, but if the wreck is serious, it can potentially lead to a lifetime of lingering and painful injuries. On top of this, insurance companies are only too willing to avoid paying you the compensation you deserve, making it more difficult to recover and return to your original quality of life.
At the Morgan & Morgan office in Birmingham, our motor vehicle accident attorneys are ready to be the team that fights for your compensation against insurance companies. Whether through pre-trial negotiations or in the courtroom, our attorneys will fight on your behalf to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, among other damages. Contact us to find out if we can help you after you’ve been in a automobile crash.
Alabama Auto Insurance Law
Mandatory liability insurance in Alabama the following as of 2013:
- $25,000 for bodily injury or death per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury or death per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
This means there is a heavy cushion of protection when you get into a wreck, but the reality is for the worst of your injuries or damages, this might not be enough. Alabama doesn’t have personal injury protection, and they also operate under the doctrine of contributory negligence, meaning if you are judged even slightly at fault for the crash you can receive no monetary compensation.
You might require more due to astronomical healthcare expenses, significant vehicle damage, or worse, the permanent injury or even death of a loved one. These costs become even more daunting when your or the negligent driver’s insurance refuses to pay for your claim by citing a lack of evidence, an understatement of injury or treatment needs, or one of a variety of other methods.
Car Accident Cases We’ve Won
Our attorneys across the country have achieved significant verdicts for many of our clients:
- $12.2 million verdict for a 15-year-old in 2009 after she had been paralyzed from the waist down in a car wreck.
- $2.6 million settlement for a 28-year-old man who was in an accident with a “phantom vehicle,” fracturing his skull and requiring a titanium plate insertion.
- $1,050,000 verdict for our client after the defendant turned into her vehicle, requiring many expensive surgical procedures and a permanent intrathecal pump.
- $950,000 settlement for a 50-year-old ironworker who was in a head-on collision and suffered a severe fracture of his right foot.
- $900,000 verdict after a jury concluded that an insurance company acted in bad faith by refusing to properly cover the medical bills of a client who sustained a back injury in a crash.
- $850,000 settlement for a 40-year-old man struck in a head-on collision and needing multiple surgeries to repair the fractures in his leg.
At Morgan & Morgan, we offer a proven track record of success when it comes to litigating motor vehicle accident claims and helping our clients on the path to recovery.
Hire a Birmingham Attorney to Fight for You
Recovering compensation after an automobile wreck can be difficult, and a knowledgeable automobile accident attorney can make all the difference. If you decide to hire an attorney from Morgan & Morgan, you will get a lawyer with experience handling car crash claims in Birmingham, and who is backed up by the resources of one of the country’s largest personal injury law firms.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an Alabama auto accident, our legal team may be able to help.