- $13 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Mesothelioma is a devastating disease that affects an entire family, not just the victim. If you or someone you love is diagnosed with mesothelioma, seeking legal help may be the last thing on your mind. While there is no cure for this terrible illness, you may be entitled to compensation to cover the cost of present and future medical expenses and other damages.
When you contact us at Morgan & Morgan, you receive legal guidance from a team of experienced and compassionate Tallahassee injury attorneys. Our mesothelioma lawyers understand the causes of mesothelioma and are prepared to investigate your case vigorously to uncover who is responsible for causing you and your family pain and suffering.
What Legal Steps Should You Take After a Diagnosis?
When dealing with any aspect of the law, it is important to understand that every case is different and therefore presents its own unique challenges. However, our Tallahassee mesothelioma attorneys are well known for taking on the toughest cases and fighting aggressively for victims at trial.
The following are the steps you should take to explore the legal options of your case:
- Gather information — When you begin to understand your diagnosis, you should gather as much information as possible. Create a folder with your medical history, when you were first diagnosed, when you first noticed symptoms, and your work history.
- Arrange to meet with a lawyer — Next, you should contact a skilled mesothelioma lawyer in Tallahassee. Over the phone, you can explain your situation and your desired outcome. However, ultimately, you must meet with your attorney in person. Be sure to bring all the information you gathered to your first meeting with your lawyer.
- Create a journal — It is also a good idea to create a daily journal outlining the symptoms of your condition and how it is affecting your life and the lives of your loved ones.
- Work closely with your legal team — It is of the utmost importance that you remain in constant contact with your attorneys. At Morgan & Morgan, we provide you with personalized attention and keep you up-to-date on all developments in your case. Our Tallahassee mesothelioma lawyers investigate every aspect of your case to determine when and where you acquired this terrible disease and how you can obtain damages.
Depending on the nature of your case, you may have the option of accepting a settlement or going to trial. After carefully analyzing the evidence and details of your case, our legal team will recommend what is in your best interests moving forward. Ultimately, we want to obtain the largest amount of compensation for you and your family by any means necessary — through settlement negotiations or fierce litigation.
When Does The Statute of Limitations Run Out For Mesothelioma Victims in Tallahassee?
The statute of limitations for mesothelioma lawsuits does not begin until the diagnosis of the disease — it does not begin at the time you were exposed to asbestos. In Florida, you have four years from the date of your diagnosis to file a legal claim. If you have lost a loved one to the illness, you have two years from the time of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Contact our Tallahassee Mesothelioma Law Office Today
Morgan & Morgan is dedicated to serving mesothelioma victims throughout Florida. Our legal team is standing by to provide you with compassionate and knowledgeable counsel so you can get the compensation you deserve. To speak with a skilled injury attorney today, call (850) 329-6895 or contact us online.