- $ Billion+ Won
- + Lawyers Nationwide
- The Fee is FreeTM, Only Pay If We Win
- America’s Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
Owensboro Medical Malpractice
Doctors make an oath to, first and foremost, “do no harm.” But in some cases, medical professionals can be negligent and not give proper medical treatment to their patients. If you feel as though a healthcare professional has harmed you during their treatment plan, you may have encountered medical malpractice.
Receiving the wrong diagnosis affects not only your health but also your social life, loved ones, and even your source of income. If your illness or injury isn’t getting better or even worsens, the medical professional did not give you the proper treatment you deserve. To help right this wrong, a skillful medical malpractice attorney may be able to help you gain compensation.
Since 1988, Morgan & Morgan has been fighting for people like you. We have won over $15 billion nationwide in damages, helping our clients pay their medical bills, as well as recover fully from medical injustice. Contact Morgan & Morgan for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
However, do so as soon as possible, as Kentucky law mandates that malpractice cases have to be addressed within one year of the incident.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when a doctor, nurse, or any healthcare professional does not provide the quality of care needed to ensure a safe recovery. To put it simply, if a medical professional goes against their oath and causes you more harm than good during their treatment plan, it could be considered medical malpractice.
For example, if you hurt your shoulder and your doctor assigns you physical therapy rather than giving you an MRI, and this causes more damage to your shoulder, it is an incident of malpractice.
Examples of malpractice can range from inaccurate diagnoses, failed treatments that cause more harm than good, or even injuries, surgical errors, incorrect doses of medicine, etc. However, it is best to receive legal advice immediately since specific cases are not always black and white, and the grey areas could be very important.
How Can Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers Help You?
It is important to call our office as soon as possible so an experienced lawyer can access whether or not you are eligible for a medical malpractice case.
At Morgan & Morgan, we have expert attorneys that specialize in medical malpractice and they will take the proper steps to help fight for you. If you are eligible, our lawyers will do the following to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve:
- Gather Evidence: We will analyze your medical records and any other remaining evidence to put together a strong, effective case that properly demonstrates the full extent of the medical negligence inflicted during the treatment plan or lack thereof.
- Enlist medical experts: We will contact Kentucky’s most notable medical experts to help strengthen your case.
- Negotiate on your behalf: Insurance companies can be onerous and negotiating for full coverage can be challenging, but having our track record of success gives our clients peace of mind that our lawyers can obtain as much coverage as possible.
- Present your case at trial (if necessary): If the insurance company refuses to settle on a fair offer, we will continue to fight for you. A trial with a jury may seem scary, but don’t worry: our jury verdicts are usually 20 times higher than the pre-trial settlement offers.
Let’s Get Started
If you or a loved one have suffered from medical malpractice, contact our Owensboro, KY office today for a free case review.
You may be compensated for your medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of income due to the incident, funeral costs, etc. At Morgan & Morgan, we are supportive and care for your mental and physical well-being—we will fight for you. Our experienced, specialized malpractice lawyers know how to win, and we work on contingency so there’s never any risk to you and we only get paid if we successfully settle your case.