Rideshare Accident Attorney in Washington, DC1901 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W, Suite 300
, Washington, D.C. 20006
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Washington, DC Rideshare Accident Attorney
The District of Columbia has one of the most plaintiff-unfriendly laws regarding car accidents. Here, if you are even one percent at fault for the accident, you will lose your right to compensation. That’s why it’s important to have a competent legal team in your corner. At Morgan and Morgan, our attorneys have represented more than 500,000 families in America and recovered over $20 billion. If you have been involved in rideshare accident, get in touch with us immediately. We might be able to assign a Washington, DC, rideshare accident lawyer to your case.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Is Rideshare?
Rideshare is a modern transportation service where you, the passenger, use a smartphone app to book a ride in a privately owned vehicle. This service is typically more flexible and sometimes more cost-effective than traditional taxis or public transportation. Some common characteristics of ridesharing include:
- Utilizes a mobile app for booking and payments.
- Offers on-demand, door-to-door transportation.
- Uses privately owned vehicles.
- Drivers are usually independent contractors.
- Operates through companies like Uber and Lyft.
- Often includes options for different vehicle types and ride-sharing with others.
Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
Studies have shown that rideshare companies have led to a three percent increase in fatal car accidents all over America. Uber and Lyft are usually two of the biggest culprits since they enjoy the largest market share in the rideshare industry. To give you perspective, Uber made slightly over $31 billion in the first quarter of 2023. That said, some common causes of rideshare accidents include:
- Driver distraction, often due to app usage.
- Speeding or reckless driving.
- Inexperienced or unqualified drivers.
- Poor vehicle maintenance.
- Adverse weather conditions.
- Negligent contractors in the case of dangerous objects on the road
- Government agencies, in the case of bad road conditions
Possible Liable Parties in Rideshare Accidents
Liability for a rideshare accident can fall on multiple parties. It all depends on the specifics of each individual case. In the past, claims have been filed against the following parties in similar cases:
- Rideshare driver.
- The rideshare company (e.g., Uber, Lyft).
- Other drivers involved in the accident.
- Vehicle manufacturers (for defective parts).
- Maintenance companies.
- Local government entities (for road issues).
Why Do I Need a Morgan and Morgan Rideshare Lawyer?
With a rideshare attorney from Morgan and Morgan in your corner, you can focus on the most important part of this journey: your health and wellness, as they take charge of the legal aspects of the case. The attorney can:
- Determine whether the case is valid.
- Provide advice and guidance on rideshare laws and regulations in DC.
- Gather evidence to support the case.
- Assess the value of your claim.
- Identify the parties that may owe you compensation.
- File a claim on your behalf.
- Negotiate a reasonable settlement.
- File a lawsuit if the other party refuses to cooperate.
Get a Free, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
Rideshare accident cases are time-sensitive and also very complex. Do not wait—contact Morgan and Morgan today for a free case review. If you have grounds to sue, we might be able to assign a Washington DC rideshare accident lawyer to your case.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews