Bicycle Accident Attorney in Orlando20 North Orange Ave, Suite 1600
Orlando, FL 32801
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Orlando Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Orange County, Florida, had an alarming number of bicycle accidents in 2023; the county reported about 8,364 accidents involving bicycles, 219 of which were fatal. That tells you one thing: insurance companies in this county are on high alert and armed with defense attorneys just in case things go south. Don't let your guard down in this fight for the compensation you need and deserve. With our army of over 1,000 attorneys, we can find the perfect match for your case. Contact us today to find out if you may be owed compensation for your injuries and losses and how we might be able to help.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Damages Can I Recover After a Bicycle Accident?
After a bicycle accident in Orlando, you're entitled to recover various damages that can help you feel whole again. These damages include:
- Medical expenses for treatments related to your injuries (both immediate and future).
- Lost wages if you've been unable to work due to your injuries.
- Loss of future earning capacity if you're unable to return to your previous job due to the injuries you sustained.
- Pain and suffering for the physical pain and emotional distress you've experienced.
- Property damage, which covers repair or replacement costs of your personal property damaged in the accident.
When to File a Claim With the Other Party Under Florida's No-Fault Laws
In Florida, the no-fault insurance system primarily requires you to turn to your own Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance for initial coverage of medical bills and lost wages, regardless of who was at fault. With that said, you can file a claim against the other party if your injuries are severe, surpassing the serious injury threshold defined by Florida law, or if your damages exceed your PIP coverage.
This serious injury threshold typically involves significant and permanent loss of a bodily function, permanent injury, significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement, or death. Our bicycle accident attorney can help you understand if your situation qualifies for stepping outside the no-fault system to pursue additional compensation from the other party.
What Does Florida's PIP Insurance Cover and to What Extent?
Florida's Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance is designed to cover you regardless of who is at fault in an accident. It covers:
- 80% of reasonable medical expenses related to the accident, up to your policy's limit.
- 60% of lost wages if you're unable to work due to your injuries, also within the limits of your policy.
- a $5,000 death benefit (where applicable) in addition to the medical and disability benefits.
It's important to note that PIP does not cover pain and suffering or other non-economic damages, which is why pursuing additional claims might be necessary for more severe accidents.
Contact Morgan and Morgan Today
To find out if you might be owed compensation, fill out our free case evaluation form today. Our attorneys have recovered more than $20 billion for over 500,000 families all over America. They may be able to fight for you, too.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews