Houston, TX Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists love Texas for its incredible variety of scenery, wide open spaces, and 624 miles of coastline on the Gulf of Mexico. And while Texas and its southern climate are favorable to motorcycling, there are still dangers and risks.
In 2019, there were 412 people killed and more than 1,800 seriously injured in motorcycle accidents in Texas. For those who are injured, recovery can be slow and difficult. Making matters even worse are insurance companies that underpay or deny victims’ rightful claims.
If you are fighting for your rights after being involved in a motorcycle accident, you shouldn’t have to go it alone. Our Houston office can help, whether you need assistance demonstrating that your accident was caused by a driver’s negligence, or you need a hand going up against an insurance company that is wrongfully denying your claim.
For a free consultation, fill out our no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation form.
Bike Safety in Texas
Motorcycling always has risks, but there are a number of steps you can take to make it safer. Whenever you bike, make sure you:
- Wear a helmet. While Texas law does allow riders to forgo a helmet under certain circumstances, always wear one. It is the best way to protect yourself in case of an accident.
- Don’t drink and ride. The legal blood alcohol cutoff for riding a motorcycle is .08 percent in Texas. If you go over, you not only increase your odds of getting hurt in an accident, you risk arrest for DUI.
- Protect your body. As a motorcyclist, you don’t have the protections that other motor vehicles offer. Be sure to make up for it by wearing protective gear and clothing when you’re on the road.
- Stay visible. Always use your headlight and wear apparel that allows you to be easily seen. Make sure you remain visible to other vehicles by avoiding riding in blind spots.
Because they have less protection than car drivers do, motorcyclists carry a higher risk of death or serious injury if an accident occurs. A few common injuries include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
Hiring a Lawyer
If you endure the trauma of a motorcycle accident, you should focus on healing. A Morgan & Morgan attorney can take on the work to help prove your case, such as:
- Interviewing pertinent witnesses
- Documenting all accident-related injuries
- Assessing motorcycle damage
- Accessing medical records to prove your injuries
- Checking all parties’ accident reports and sobriety tests
- Reviewing driving histories of those involved
Contact Morgan & Morgan
Motorcycle accidents can cause major physical and emotional trauma. If you’ve been in an accident, don’t burden yourself with fighting insurance companies on your own. Contact one of our Houston lawyers to fight for you.
Whether you’re up against a negligent driver or a big insurance company, we can help. Our lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve, including medical costs, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
At Morgan & Morgan, we’ve been fighting For the People for more than 30 years. Let us fight for you, too. To learn more, fill out our free, no obligation case evaluation form and one of our attorneys will be in touch.