Hurricane Attorney in Hilton Head1544 Fording Island Road, Suite A
Hilton Head, SC 29926
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Hilton Head, SC Hurricane Insurance
Hurricanes are among nature’s most destructive forces, and residents of Hilton Head unfortunately are all too familiar with the damage hurricanes can cause. In 1989, Hurricane Hugo inflicted almost $6 billion in property damage, directly or indirectly causing 35 deaths in the state.
As a coastal city, the risk for hurricanes and tropical storms is significant during every hurricane season, so it’s important to be prepared. Part of being prepared is knowing what to do if you experience storm damage.
If your home or other property was damaged by a hurricane, and your insurance company tries to delay your reimbursement or refuses to pay the amount you deserve, Morgan & Morgan will fight for you.
Our skilled attorneys have the experience you need to get the results you deserve. We will protect your rights and work to hold your insurance company accountable. To find out how we can help with your insurance claim, contact us today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Types of Hurricane Damage
Hurricanes can cause many types of property damage. Here are some of the most common types you should look out for.
- Roof damage
- Flooding and water damage caused by rain or storm surge
- Broken doors and windows
- Structural damage
- Electrical system or fire damage
- Damage to personal property
How to Protect Your Insurance Claim
- Document everything. Before a hurricane hits, try to make complete lists of as much of your property as possible. In addition, take photos of your home, yard, and any other structures like pools, screened porches, and sheds. After the storm, take more photos to document all the damage, and make a detailed list of every item impacted, no matter how small. When taking damage pictures, start with wide shots of your home, including the roof and all four walls, before taking close-up images.
- Protect your property after the storm. Your insurance policy likely contains a clause that requires you to make every effort to prevent further damage to your home and property after a hurricane. For example, if you have broken windows, attempt to cover any openings to prevent further water damage to the inside of your home. Of course, you should only take such steps to protect your property if or when it is safe to do so.
- Don’t wait to file your claim. Your insurance company will likely look for any reason not to pay your claim. Remember to file your initial claim as soon as possible so you don’t miss any deadlines that might be hidden in your insurance policy.
Morgan & Morgan Attorneys Can Help
If your insurance company is refusing to fulfill your claim, has delayed payment, or says that certain damages aren’t covered, Morgan & Morgan can help you fight back.
We are the nation’s largest personal injury law firm, which means we have the resources and reputation to take on big insurance companies and win. Our attorneys can investigate your case to get a complete picture of the amount of compensation you are actually owed. If the insurance company refuses to pay, we’ll take them to court to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Contact Morgan & Morgan
If your hurricane insurance claim has been denied, or your insurance company won’t pay what you believe you are owed, don’t give up. Contact us and we will review your case for free. There is no risk to you, because it costs nothing up front to hire us, and we don’t get paid unless you do.
Don’t wait. Fill out this online form for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.