Building Collapse in Brooklyn203 Jay Street, Suite 600
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Building Collapse in Brooklyn
One of the five boroughs comprising New York City, Brooklyn is experiencing a revitalization. While skyscrapers aren’t becoming common in Brooklyn, office buildings and apartments are going up. Older buildings are also getting a facelift. Unfortunately, this boom in construction can also lead to a building collapse in Brooklyn. Whether it’s an older structure or a new build, injuries sustained in a building collapse can be catastrophic. If you’re injured in a building collapse in Brooklyn, Morgan and Morgan may be able to help. Contact Morgan & Morgan today for a free case evaluation.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Common Causes of Building Collapse in Brooklyn
Buildings can collapse for a variety of reasons, including failing structural integrity. The internal load-bearing supports can fail. Sometimes, this is due to age or a poor design. Some of the other reasons the structure may not be able to support the load include,
- Excessive construction loading: When the current structure is attempting to withstand a higher load-bearing capacity than it was designed for. This can cause the load-bearing materials and structures to fail, resulting in the collapse of the structure.
- Weak temporary materials: Some materials may be temporary or have not yet reached their ultimate strength, such as drying concrete walls or temporary steel and wooden connections.
- Instability: Weak foundations and similar structural instability can be overlooked at the beginning of a construction project and cause major issues later on.
- Lack of maintenance: As buildings age, they can become gradually weaker. Property owners should ensure buildings are regularly maintained to prevent major accidents from occurring.
Steps to Take if You’re Injured in a Building Collapse
If you’re injured in a building collapse in Brooklyn, the first step is to seek immediate medical attention. Your health is the most important concern. Next, you want to contact your insurance provider and a personal injury attorney. If the building is owned or managed by your employer, they will also need to be informed of the accident and your injuries.
Contacting your insurance company will help get the ball rolling on your compensation claim, but don’t accept any settlement offers. Instead, let an attorney from Morgan & Morgan handle the negotiations.
Contact Morgan & Morgan if You’re Injured in a Building Collapse in Brooklyn
Morgan & Morgan is the largest personal injury law firm in the nation and has a proven track record of success. We have over 35 years of experience fighting for our client’s legal rights. Contact Morgan & Morgan for a free case evaluation to learn more.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews