- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
West Tampa Workers' Compensation
The workers’ compensation claims process is a complicated one, you shouldn’t have to navigate it alone. Focusing on your recovery should be your top priority, not fighting with the insurance company for the compensation you need.
We have experience helping workers injured on the job get the money they’re owed. If you were injured while working on the job, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim to recover damages for your injuries.
To find out more more about your available legal options, complete our free case review form. Your claim will reviewed by our office.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Workplace Injury Cases We Handle
Workers’ compensation can mean a lot of different things when dealing with filing a claim. Our attorneys handle claims involving a number of injuries that happen on the job. This can include:
- Muscular injuries, broken bones, torn ligaments, torn rotator cuffs, and herniated disks from lifting, pushing, or other actions;
- Sickness from exposure to toxins, including occupational diseases like mesothelioma or Black Lung;
- Head injuries like concussions or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from falling objects, falls, etc.;
- Tendonitis or other repetitive motion injuries;
- Construction accidents;
- Hearing loss or damage;
- Cold and heat stress or burn injuries from accidents like electrocution; and
- Assorted injuries to the back, spinal cord, shoulder, eyes, knees, neck, hip, respiratory organs, ankles, wrists, feet and hands.
There are other workplace injuries we handle, too. Ultimately, the specifics of your injury will determine whether you have a case to make a claim.
How Can a Morgan & Morgan Attorney Help Me File a Claim?
The most important thing you can do after sustaining an injury on the job — especially if you have a particularly complicated claim — is to have an attorney with a comprehensive understanding of the claims process. That way, you can rest easy after an injury, while we’re the ones seeking the benefits you are entitled to. Your attorney can:
- Explain the claims process and guide you through each and every step.
- Help you get the necessary resources and documentation.
- Handle discussions with your employer and/or your employer’s insurance company.
- Help officially file your benefits claim.
In addition, if your claim is rejected or undervalued, your attorney can help appeal that decision.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits Denied?
In some cases, an employer’s insurance company will deny an injured worker the right to any benefits at all. This can happen for a number of reasons: insurers could accuse the worker of misrepresenting the injury, blame the injury on a pre-existing condition, or even claim the worker didn’t sustain the injury on the job.
If you appeal a decision, your attorney will be required to file a petition with the Division of Administrative Hearings. Your case will be assigned to a judge who schedules a hearing. In this hearing, both sides can present information (including evidence and witnesses) supporting their position. The judge, using this information, makes a decision.
If the judge also denies your appeal for benefits, your attorney may file a second appeal with the Florida First District Court of Appeals, where the information is presented in front of a different judge or panel of judges.
Contact Us About Your Workers’ Compensation Case
If you were injured on the job, you may be able to recover compensation through a workers’ compensation claim or lawsuit against a third party. To have a Morgan & Morgan West Tampa attorney review your case and discuss your legal options, please complete our free case review form.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews