Social Security Disability Attorney in Panama City1240 W 23rd St.,
Panama City, FL 32405
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Panama City Social Security Disability
Nearly two-thirds of initial applicants for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) are denied. For people who can’t work because of a disability or other medical issues, these denials can be devastating—and confusing. However, many legitimate claims are denied for reasons that aren’t immediately clear to applicants, so don’t lose hope.
In situations like these, it’s best to contact a Social Security Disability lawyer who can help boost the chances of a successful application. Our Panama City attorneys have experience appealing denials, taking on the Social Security Administration (SSA), and guiding these claims to a favorable resolution.
If you or a loved one have had your SSDI claim denied, contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. But don’t wait: these claims are time-sensitive, and by delaying your application or appeal, you could miss out on the benefits you need to live a more full and happy life.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
How Can an Attorney Help?
It may be an understatement to say that applying for Social Security Disability benefits is complicated. But an experienced SSDI attorney knows this process like the back of their hand and can make it much less painful by doing the following:
- Compiling all the information and evidence required for a successful claim
- Reviewing and filing paperwork in a timely manner to ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines
- Reviewing denial notices to determine why the claim was rejected
- Examining medical records and consulting with medical experts
- Sitting with and advising their client during Social Security Administration interviews and other proceedings
- Requesting the reconsideration of appeals
- Preparing the client and any relevant witnesses for hearings
- Taking the case to court, if necessary
How Does the Appeals Process Work?
One thing you should know is that most claims are initially denied, so a denial doesn’t mean you can’t recover benefits. There is a multi-step appeals process in place, which an attorney can help you navigate:
- Reconsideration: This involves a new Social Security administrator reviewing your SSDI claim. Importantly, your attorney can supply additional evidence at this stage to strengthen your claim.
- Hearing: If your claim is denied at reconsideration, you can request a hearing with an administrative law judge. At the hearing, an attorney can present evidence and enlist expert witnesses to bolster your claim.
- Appeals Council Review: If the judge denies your claim at the hearing, you may request that the Social Security Appeals Council review it. However, they are not obligated to do so if they think the administrative law judge’s decision was correct.
- Federal Court: If you have exhausted the SSA’s appeals process and your claim has still been denied, your attorney can file a lawsuit in federal court seeking to overturn the decision.
Contact a Social Security Disability Lawyer in Panama City
There are so many steps involved in applying for Social Security Disability Insurance and so many different timelines and guidelines to keep track of, it’s no wonder that 65% of applications are initially denied. But by working with an SSDI attorney, you may greatly increase your chances of approval.
Since 1988, Morgan & Morgan has been fighting For The People, Not The Powerful, taking on large corporations and government agencies alike. We’ve recovered $20 billion for our clients across all offices and practice areas, so our track record speaks for itself. Best of all, it costs nothing upfront to hire us, and we get paid only if we successfully resolve your case.
If you’ve been denied SSDI benefits, contact our Panama City office today for a free case review to see how we can help you.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews