Hurricane Ian Damage Lawyer in Daytona Beach444 Seabreeze Boulevard, Suite 100
Daytona Beach, FL 32118
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Recovering After Hurricane Ian?
On September 28th, 2022, Hurricane Ian landed on the western shores of South Florida. Registering as a Category 4 Atlantic storm, it was one of the most powerful and destructive storms to hit the United States in decades. For days, Hurricane Ian’s deadly winds and floods caused miles of irreparable damage. Many Floridians were displaced from their homes and, in the worst cases, tragically lost their lives. If you or a loved one suffered damages due to Hurricane Ian, please contact a Morgan & Morgan hurricane damage attorney for help.
For over 30 years, our law firm has been dedicated to helping victims who have had their lives turned upside down by natural disasters get back on their feet. Contact our Daytona Beach office today by completing our free, no-obligation case evaluation form to have one of our hurricane damages attorneys review your case.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Recovering After Hurricane Ian?
When a hurricane hits, you can either experience a little bit of rainfall or see entire communities ripped to shreds. Whether you’re looking to repair water damage or recover the last remaining articles from what once was a place you called home, at Morgan & Morgan, our hurricane attorneys know the ins and outs behind what you need to do in order to get your life back on track. Below we’ve listed off what you should do after a hurricane hits your home in order to better prepare for your insurance claim:
- Take photos and keep a record of all damage: Ideally, in order to prove the damages the hurricane caused to your home, you would have already taken “before” photos of your property before the storm hit. However, in the case you were unable to, you will now need to take “after” photos to show the extent of the damage the hurricane caused to your property. You will need to take pictures of everything, both inside and outside, as well as note any and all the damage you notice. You want full compensation for every single repair you’ll need to make, and for every item that has been lost or damaged.
- Place a tarp over your property to protect it from further damages: Unfortunately, if you do not cover your home or business after a storm hits, insurance companies may take advantage and try to claim that any damage found had occurred after the storm. In some cases, they may even try to claim that it was your fault. After a storm hits, check your insurance policy for your “Duties After Loss” responsibilities to better understand what exactly your insurance company expects you to do. This way you will not be held accountable for any of the property damage you’ve sustained.
- File your insurance claim as soon as you are able: Many insurance policies will require that you file a claim within a “reasonable amount of time,” which could typically mean within a week or two from when the hurricane hit your area. To ensure you are filing a claim at the proper time, you need to check your policy. However, regardless of what timeline your policy gives you, it is in your best interest to file the claim as soon as you have documented all the damage.
Unfortunately, in some cases even if you have taken all of the proper steps to protect your home, insurance companies may try to deny you your claims. At Morgan & Morgan, we understand how insurance companies work when filing for an insurance claim after a storm, and we’ll work tirelessly to ensure you get the help you need to rebuild your home.
What Damages Can I Seek Compensation For?
For many home and property owners in Florida, Hurricane Ian marks the beginning of a long and painful uphill battle with insurance companies. When it comes to filing for insurance claims after a hurricane, the most common form of damages include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fire damage
- Broken windows
- Structural damage
- Roof damage
- Flooding and water damage
- Damage to personal property inside the home
- Damage to outside structures, like sheds, fences, and pools
Hurricanes are devastating enough on their own and you should never have to struggle afterward to get the help you and your family need. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case when it comes to dealing with insurance companies after a storm. If you want someone in your corner fighting on your behalf, our Daytona Beach hurricane attorneys are ready to help. Don’t hesitate to contact us, learn more by completing our absolutely risk-free case evaluation form today.
How Can a Morgan & Morgan Attorney Help?
At Morgan & Morgan, we believe in treating our clients like family. When you decide to hire one of our Daytona Beach hurricane damages attorneys, they will get straight to work on your case. They’ll work with you in order to ensure you have everything you need to properly file your insurance claim. If the insurance company refuses to pay your claim in full, your attorney will be prepared to fight on your behalf, holding them accountable to ensure that you and your loved ones receive the compensation you need to rebuild and get your lives back on track.
Contact a Morgan & Morgan Hurricane Damage Lawyer
After a hurricane hits, the losses you experience can continue to roll in long after the winds and rains have passed. Now more than ever our communities need to band together to help those who have had their lives turned upside down by hurricane Ian. At Morgan & Morgan, we know the importance of treating our clients like family, especially after a natural disaster. If you or your loved ones have been affected by hurricane Ian, we want to help you get the relief you need in order to pick up the pieces. For more information about how a Daytona Beach Morgan & Morgan Hurricane attorney can help you recover after hurricane Ian, you can complete our free case evaluation form today. See why millions trust Morgan & Morgan after a hurricane.