Mesothelioma Attorney in Jacksonville501 Riverside Ave, Suite 1200
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- $15 Billion+ Won
- 800+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Mesothelioma is a rare yet deadly form of cancer that occurs typically as a result of exposure to asbestos. It can affect the lungs, the abdominal cavity, and the heart. Even though asbestos was linked to cancer as far back as the 1920s, manufacturers continued to use it until the mid-1970s.
The Jacksonville region was a hotbed for asbestos for decades, with the shipbuilding industry alone requiring tons of the mineral. Are you or someone in your family suffering from mesothelioma because of exposure to asbestos? You may be eligible for compensation for your illness.
Mesothelioma Questions & Answers
- What types of workers were typically exposed to asbestos? A wide range of manufacturers used asbestos in their products. Just a short list of victims includes mechanics, carpenters, drywall workers, shipyard workers, insulators, welders, plumbers, pipe fitters, electricians, and roofers. In addition, family members were often affected because workers brought home asbestos particles on their clothing.
- What are the symptoms of mesothelioma? Symptoms include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, pain in chest or abdominal areas, weight loss, fluid in the chest cavity — as diagnosed by a physician.
- How long does it take symptoms to manifest? Unlike most on-the-job injuries, mesothelioma takes years to show up. The dormancy period is typically from 35 to 40 years, but can be as short as 15 and as long as 50.
- What are my treatment options? Depending on your particular situation, there are several options. The stage of your illness will affect your prognosis. Typically, mesothelioma is treated with surgery (if caught early), radiation, or chemotherapy. Pain management and home care are used in later stages.
What Can My Mesothelioma Lawyer Do for Me?
Your Jacksonville attorneys at Morgan & Morgan will dedicate themselves to your case and work to get you any compensation you are entitled to for your suffering. We will hold the companies that caused your illness accountable.
Asbestos laws in Florida are complex, and you need a skilled litigator on your side. In 2005, our state passed legislation (The Asbestos and Silica Compensation Fairness Act) to manage the influx of asbestos lawsuits with many limits and restrictions. However, you are still entitled to compensation for medical treatment, lost income, and pain and suffering. Your mesothelioma lawyer can help you work through the red tape.
Talk to an Experienced Jacksonville Mesothelioma Attorney Today
Our law firm is experienced in Florida asbestos and mesothelioma law. We want to ensure that companies are held responsible for the damage they've caused you and countless others. We will go through every detail of your case and do everything within our power to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. We represent the people, and we are ready to protect your rights. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Recent verdicts & settlements
Scroll down for more
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.