Traffic Lawyer Near Me in Charleston4401 Belle Oaks Drive, Suite 300
North Charleston, SC 29405
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Charleston Traffic Lawyer Near Me
Violating a traffic law in Charleston can come with serious consequences. Along with fines, you may be at risk of losing your driver’s license. Insurance rates typically increase, and some carriers may even drop your auto coverage. Did you know that some traffic offenses can even result in jail time? If you’re looking for a traffic lawyer near me in Charleston, Morgan & Morgan may be able to help. Contact Morgan & Morgan to learn more about your legal options with a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
Common Traffic Violations in Charleston
South Carolina has strict traffic laws drivers must follow. Most of these laws are under the South Carolina Code of Laws Chapter 56. Some of the common traffic violations we handle at Morgan & Morgan include but aren’t limited to:
- Driving under the influence. Your first offense can result in a $400 fine and up to two days in jail.
- Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended, canceled, or revoked license includes penalties ranging from $300 to up to 30 days in jail for first-time offenders.
- Hit and run. Leaving the scene of an accident resulting in bodily injury to another can lead to imprisonment for up to 1 year and/or a fine of up to $5,000.
- Reckless or aggressive driving. Driving with an obvious disregard for the safety of others or property, they could be fined up to $200 or imprisoned for up to 30 days.
- Speeding. Going over the speed limit is something most drivers do at least once in their lives. However, the citation can result in fines and even jail time. The penalties are based on how fast you’re going over the posted speed limit.
- Failing to stop for a police officer. If a person does not stop when signaled to do so by a law enforcement officer, they could face up to 3 years imprisonment or a fine of up to $500, provided that the offense did not result in great bodily injury or death.
- Ignoring traffic signals and signs. The penalties for this driving offense typically include fines and court costs.
If you receive a traffic citation, contact Morgan & Morgan for a consultation with one of our specialists.
Finding a Traffic Lawyer Near Me in Charleston.
Now that you have a better idea of how to find a lawyer in Denver, reach out to the nation’s largest law firm to learn how one of our attorneys can help. Contact Morgan & Morgan today for a free case evaluation to get started.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews