Rideshare Accident Attorney in Charleston4401 Belle Oaks Drive, Suite 300
North Charleston, SC 29405
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Charleston Rideshare Accident Attorney
Morgan and Morgan, America's largest and most powerful injury firm, might be able to represent you or a loved one injured in a rideshare accident. That's because we are big, powerful, and aggressive when fighting for the rights of families we represent. For context, more than 500,000 families in America have trusted us to fight for them since 1988. And with over $20 billion already recovered, nothing will stop us from holding the other party accountable, including giant companies like Uber and Lyft. Contact us today for a free case evaluation. A Charleston rideshare accident lawyer from our team might be able to represent you.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Causes Rideshare Accidents?
Several key factors can contribute to these incidents. To start with, distraction due to the use of navigation apps and the pressure to manage ride requests can lead to a lapse in attention, increasing the risk of accidents. Some accidents may also occur due to:
- impaired driving
- bad weather or traffic conditions; and
- fatigue from extended driving hours;
If you or a loved one has been involved in a rideshare accident and suffered serious injuries, reach out to Morgan and Morgan today for a free case review.
Damages In a Rideshare Accident
Damages in these accidents often fall under two main categories: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are those with a specific monetary value attached to them. Examples include:
- Costs for hospital stays, surgeries, medications, and any ongoing medical treatments related to the accident.
- Income you've lost due to time off work while recovering from your injuries.
- Lost earning capacity (if the accident affects your ability to earn a living in the future)
- Costs for repairing or replacing your vehicle and any other personal property damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are more subjective and don't have a specific monetary value attached to them. These include:
- Pain and emotional distress
- Anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent disfigurement
How Is Liability for a Rideshare Accident Determine?
Determining when a rideshare company is liable for an accident is a bit complicated but very doable. If you have a viable claim, you may be able to seek compensation from:
- The rideshare driver's personal car insurance;
- The rideshare company's insurance (Uber and Lyft each have third-party liability coverage worth up to $1 million)
- Your own car insurance carrier
- Your health insurance provider
- A government agency
- A construction company
Always keep in mind that the lines of responsibility can get blurred, and the specific circumstances of the accident will ultimately decide whether you have a viable claim in the first place and who owes you compensation. That's why it's advisable to have your case professionally reviewed by someone with experience handling rideshare accident claims.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Now that you know a thing or two about rideshare accidents in Charleston, reach out to Morgan and Morgan today to get started with a free case review. Our Charleston rideshare accident lawyer might be able fight for your right to compensation.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews