Aviation Accident Lawyer in New York City350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 6705
New York, NY 10118
- The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
- America's Largest Injury Law Firm
- Protecting Families Since 1988
- 20 Billion+ Won
- 1,000+ Lawyers Nationwide
Free Case Evaluation
The attorneys featured above are licensed in Florida. For a full list of attorneys in your state please visit our attorney page.
Aviation Accident Lawyer in New York City
It’s impossible to talk about New York City’s history of aviation accidents without mentioning the tragic attack on the World Trade Center in Manhattan on September 11, 2001. Since then, and even before that, there have been many cases of aviation accidents that have occurred in this city. If you or a loved one has been involved in such an accident, contact Morgan and Morgan today. We may be able to help determine whether you can file a claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
Get answers to commonly asked questions about our legal services and learn how we may assist you with your case.
Morgan & Morgan
What Causes Aviation Accidents?
These accidents occur due to various reasons. More than half of the time, though, negligence is usually a factor. Common causes of aviation accidents include:
- Pilot error
- Mechanical failure, especially equipment malfunction or breakdown
- Bad weather conditions, like turbulence, storms, icy runways
- Air traffic control errors, such as miscommunication
- Bird strikes
- Unauthorized aircraft, vehicles, or persons on the runway
- Inadequate fuel or mismanagement of fuel supply
- flaws in aircraft design or structural integrity
- Crew fatigue or lack of training
How Do I File a Claim?
Filing an aviation accident claim involves a lengthy process and different parties. The specifics of your case will also determine how best to proceed with the case, including who to file the claim with. For instance, the question of whether or not the claim should be handled at the state or federal level will likely pop up. Involving an experienced attorney in your case is the best way to find out who might owe you compensation for your injuries and losses.
Damages In an Aviation Accident Case
Every aviation case is unique, even if it happened under similar circumstances, such as the same airport or aircraft. For this reason, these damages are not written on stone; they vary from case to case. These could include:
- Medical expenses (immediate and long-term treatment costs)
- income lost due to inability to work after the accident
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Funeral and burial expenses (in cases of fatalities)
- Punitive damages (in cases of gross negligence or intentional harm)
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and physical impairment
Contact Morgan and Morgan Today
It takes a powerful injury firm like Morgan and Morgan to take on the big players in the aviation industry on behalf of the injured. If you or a loved one is a victim, contact us today for a free case evaluation.
How it works
It's easy to get started.
The Fee Is Free™. Only pay if we win.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
With a free case evaluation, submitting your case is easy with Morgan & Morgan.
Our dedicated team gets to work investigating your claim.
If we take on the case, our team fights to get you the results you deserve.
stories that inspire and drive change
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances. Based on Select nationwide reviews